Can we snorkel at every stop?

morecruise4me

We're taking our 3rd cruise in March stopping in Nassau, Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, and San Juan. We love being in the water and would like to spend as much time snorkeling as possible. I've read so much about so many beaches, it's confusing! Where are the best places to snorkel at each of these stops?

Hi,

Of the following:

Nassau, Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, and San Juan

Really no beach snorkeling in Nassau or San Juan. Nassau has good boat snorkeling and I suggest you look up Stuart Cove Dive Center, http://www.stuartcove.com. For San Juan, go to the rain forest or El Morro fort in the old town. There are beaches just east of the old town but nothing worth snorkeling. HMC has a great beach, as would be expected on a private island, but snorkeling is less than stellar. If you go to the far left of the beach along the rocks by the tender channel you'll find some small things (I saw my first sea horse there). They do a pretty good snorkel excursion from the tender docks so you might want to check it out (I remember it wasn't that much). St. Thomas, go to the St. Thomas thread out of the islands boards for lots of suggestions, however, an alternative is to take the ferry to St. Johns and snorkel there (much better than St. Thomas though St. Thomas isn't that bad). Again see the island board for details.

Hope this helped,

Randall

Archived