Coka for "IT" Girl

zimmerjulie

Hi Everybody!

I was reading about the Gem "IT" Girl contest at www.gemitgirl.com :

"Are you confident, sophisticated and free-spirited? Are you stylish, independent and embody a youthful and adventurous spirit regardless of your age?"

and I thought, "Hey, they're talking about Coka!!!"

She'd be the perfect "IT" girl and Gem Godmother!

Coka, I can't wait to see your entry!

Zimmerjulie, you are a sweetheart! I have a few more things to do before submitting my entry. I hope to have it done by the beginning of next week.

If anyone is interested in doing it, be sure to read the terms and conditions of the contest. One is not supposed to use music, poetry, art, photos, etc. I had to change my first idea all around. I should have read the terms and conditions before planning. Even so, I am pleased with what I came up with in accordance with the rules. They really want to see and hear YOU. Good luck to everyone! NCL surely was creative with this one!

Coka

If anyone is interested in doing it, be sure to read the terms and conditions of the contest.

Coka

I can't find where the rules are posted. Also, is there somewhere we can view the videos of people who have already submitted?

By the way, I'm totally excited you're going to go for it. LOVE your reviews!

Zimmerjulie, you are a sweetheart! I have a few more things to do before submitting my entry. I hope to have it done by the beginning of next week.

If anyone is interested in doing it, be sure to read the terms and conditions of the contest. One is not supposed to use music, poetry, art, photos, etc. I had to change my first idea all around. I should have read the terms and conditions before planning. Even so, I am pleased with what I came up with in accordance with the rules. They really want to see and hear YOU. Good luck to everyone! NCL surely was creative with this one!

Coka

Whoah! Thanks, Coka!! I guess I'll be rethinking mine as well... amazingly clever song and all!!:p

StillFloatin, you can read the terms and conditions on http://www.gemitgirl.com

Go to Latitudes IT Contest and scroll all the way down to the bottom right of screen. In small letters are "terms and conditions" It is very small and I never would have thought of reading (or looking) until someone at work asked me "did you read anything about using someone's song?..." The rules all make sense now because of copyrights and such. Plus, I think it is trickier just filming "you." You can view the entrants so far on the same site.

CanadianTwosome, not sure about using known song with your own words.

I am hoping after this weekend there are more entries! I sort of feel bad for NCL that there are not many applicants...there should be A LOT more than what is currently there. Believe me, as a future contestant, I debated whether to say anything here at all (easier to win with less competition), but I do not want anyone to spend a lot of time and effort (as I originally did until I found the terms and conditions) only to find out after-the-fact they are ineligible.

Coka

StillFloatin, you can read the terms and conditions on www.gemitgirl.com

Go to Latitudes IT Contest and scroll all the way down to the bottom right of screen. In small letters are "terms and conditions" It is very small and I never would have thought of reading (or looking) until someone at work asked me "did you read anything about using someone's song?..." The rules all make sense now because of copyrights and such. Plus, I think it is trickier just filming "you." You can view the entrants so far on the same site.

CanadianTwosome, not sure about using known song with your own words.

I am hoping after this weekend there are more entries! I sort of feel bad for NCL that there are not many applicants...there should be A LOT more than what is currently there. Believe me, as a future contestant, I debated whether to say anything here at all (easier to win with less competition), but I do not want anyone to spend a lot of time and effort (as I originally did until I found the terms and conditions) only to find out after-the-fact they are ineligible.

Coka

Thank you Coka for the info. Also, how refreshing to find someone who is as fair-minded and unselfish as you. I'm sending good ju-ju your way!

I'll try contacting NCL and post when I get an answer. I think we'll see a lot more entries as people get their videos completed. I know I'm not prepared to do mine at this point, so mine will be one of those later entries. I would also rather compete if there are actually others to compete with! Of course, we know the whole contest will end up being between me and Coka anyway, right? :p

I found out more on the website. When you submit your video, you also have to write in 500 characters or less why you should be selected the NCL's Latitudes It girl and describes your video the best.

It was not clear whether it was 500 characters with or without spaces. I am going to play it safe and include spaces. I also was not sure whether one writes about the video entry or writes about something different not seen in the video. Again, not an easy task in my opinion but very clever on NCL's part.

If anything, I have learned how to operate and explain to my sister how to use a touch pad video camera. We had a fun weekend. I also learned to never dismiss an actor of very short film!

I think the key is to have fun with the whole process.

After work tomorrow, I learn how to download from the camera to a disc. WooHoo!

Coka

Hi everybody!

Glad to hear that things are moving along! I was wondering why there were so few (and so few new) entries! It does make it more challenging to not use 3rd party music, props, etc,

I'm glad that there is a "500 character" written section. I thought about how difficult it would be to capture the whole essence of a "godmother-level" NCL enthusiast in only 90 seconds of video. This written part gives you applicants another chance to wow the judges ;) . Coka, I think you're right and that the 500 characters would include spaces.

How to categorize your video? Seems like "Too Hot" or "humor" would get the most views. Another tough decision ;) .

Of course, we know the whole contest will end up being between me and Coka anyway, right? :p

Yes, it will, and we'll have to divide our votes evenly between you two. Hey, maybe it will be a tie and you'll BOTH get to be It Girls! Kinda like Paris and Nicole.:D:D:D

Just went through all of the videos! I just wonder where there is an "IT" Girl...LOL!!! I have never seen something more stupid and ordinary! Nothing "IT" and "Glamour" about it! It is more like the desperate housweifes of the Trailer Park met!

That could pretty well describe a couple of Norwegian's previous picks for godmother -- names withheld to protect the guilty -- so this is different HOW?

Just went through all of the videos! I just wonder where there is an "IT" Girl...LOL!!! I have never seen something more stupid and ordinary! Nothing "IT" and "Glamour" about it! It is more like the desperate housweifes of the Trailer Park met!

That could pretty well describe a couple of Norwegian's previous picks for godmother -- names withheld to protect the guilty -- so this is different HOW?

I only know of 1 COW...the Godmother of the Pearl!

TOTALLY agreed on that point!

My mistake -- I was also thinking of the godmother of the Crown Princess. Definitely not glam, either.

NCL did pretty well with the Dawn, tho. :cool:

I submitted my entry this afternoon. It stated to expect 24 to 48 hours before it appears on gemitgirl.com

As of today, there are more entries. Nice to see it pick up.

Frequentcruiserjock, trust me when I tell ya that what you have seen thus far is not easy to do! Although a challenge and we all want to win, it does give us the opportunity to live out a fantasy. Maybe there will be a godfather in store for the Jade...

Coka

I always say...I'm not a he....I'm not a she...I am "IT"...LOL!!!

I know it is not so easy to stand in front of a cam, but at least it should be original & glamerous like a "IT" girl should be and not dirty clothes laying around and carrying a NCL plastic shopping bag, no make up and hair done...is that really be a "IT" girl!

Just think about it!!!

Archived