Sailing out of San Diego 11/12..what to wear?

nugrammy

This is the first time I have sailed on the pacific. We are normally on the western or eastern caribbean.

We depart from San Diego on Monday the 12th of Nov. What should we plan to wear when we depart on Mon? Jeans??

Our "at sea" days are Tue and Thur. Will we be able to lay out comfortably pool side those days?

This is very different than going in the summertime out of the south. I'm just not sure how to plan my wardrobe AND SHOES! All help is much, much appreciated.

Do we pack differently going on the western side vs. eastern side of the U.S.?

As always...don't know what I would do without cruise critic to turn to at the last minute!

thank you

PS-It's only us girls going this time, so don't need any men packing hints. ;) :D :o :)

Hello,

We just got back from the Mexican Riviera on the Golden Princess. On our first full sea day (2nd day) it was chilly. BUT after that it progressively became more and more HOT & HUMID! By the 3rd day it was too sticky hot to stand in the shade w/o a breeze. So definitely wear your HOT & sweaty weather clothing. lol.

It remained H&H until we got to Cabo, our last port, which was just a bit less humid. Then on the last sea day (6th day), it became cooler again as we headed up towards San Diego. By the evening, it was freezing!

Hope that helps.

I wouldnt wear jeans. It will be pretty decent here in San Diego, maybe a little chilly but dockers would be better. We are leaving on the 14th of that month and I am just taking capris and shorts. It will be hotter than heck in Mexico.

I hope you have fun!

Archived