Any Recent Glory cruisers? Eastern question

FloridaLaura

In St. Thomas I know we have to go thru immigrations, we arrive at Port at 11 am how long did it take to get off the ship? I am trying to plan a private tour. TIA

Once we docked and the officials boarded, we went to the assigned place with our ID's and passports. The whole process took less than 5 minutes. If you listen for the announcements, you can be in the vicinity of where they are set up and be ready to get off the ship in no time.

St. Thomas was my favorite port! Have a wonderful cruise!

If you come from a US port there are no immigrations in St. Thomas because it's a US Territory. So if you were to go to San Juan and then St. Thomas, no immigration but if you were to go to The Bahamas and then St. Thomas then there is immigration.

Also, you don't need a passport to visit the Virgin Islands because you aren't leaving the US. You will just need your sail and sign card and a valid picture ID. Although as of next year, that is all changing.

Thanks Sandi, we are going to Nassua first, then to St. Thomas, I think since we visited a "foreign port" prior to St. Thomas, we need to go thru immigrations on the ship before getting off.

Yup, then you will have to go through immigration.

Have a great time on your cruise. :D

They will also tell you that only people with early Carnival tours can go first. They said that they would check to see if you had an excursion ticket and if not you would be turned away. We went ahead and they never checked for tickets or anything, so go whenever you want.

They will also tell you that only people with early Carnival tours can go first. They said that they would check to see if you had an excursion ticket and if not you would be turned away. We went ahead and they never checked for tickets or anything' date=' so go whenever you want.[/quote']

Which is why some people with early carnival excursions missed them - b/c others didnt think the rules applied:(

Was on the Christmas glory sailing last year and it was a fiasco - certainly took more than 5 minutes!!!! We were on an early excursion and thankfully we made it, but not all did. We didnt have a good CD that cruise (very disorganized) and that may have contributed to the problem (because we had the same problem with disembarkation in port canaveral) . BTW he is no longer with carnival:D

We waited and waited.

We were already an hour and a half late for our tour with Sonny Liston and they still had not called our floor, so we just went anyway.

Another party on our tour was on the same floor as we were and they didn't wait at all...just went. They got off over an hour before we did.

So wait if you want, but if I go again, I'm not waiting.

Just got back last week and if you have an ealry tour you get to go first. You only have to wait for your deck if you do not have a tour. We did not have a tour and waited as asked so that those who did have a tour could get off.

We were still off in less than an hour. We spent the time reading on our balcony and it was very enjoyable.

At risk of being flamed, why do so many people think that the rules do not apply to them?

Last month on my Carnival Glory eastern sailing, I found the whole immigration thing that morning in St Thomas to be quick, easy and painless. :) The vast majority of those around me were talking about how surprised they were at the smooth organization of the process. The only ones complaining were those who had "selective hearing" about where, when , how, and why. But there will be dim bulbs on every cruise, I guess.

Last month on my Carnival Glory eastern sailing, I found the whole immigration thing that morning in St Thomas to be quick, easy and painless. :) The vast majority of those around me were talking about how surprised they were at the smooth organization of the process. The only ones complaining were those who had "selective hearing" about where, when , how, and why. But there will be dim bulbs on every cruise, I guess.

I agree whole heartedly!!!!!!

I'm thinking that it is quick and easy if your floor is called early.

When you have waited and hour and a half, you tour has started for some and you are nearing the point of missing the whole thing...and your floor has still not been called, then it doesn't feel quite so quick or easy.

Archived