Need tips on order of DIY Rome to make 7PM departure

We dock on Sat 11/3 7A to 7P.

We are not doing the Vatican, nor churches or museums as I've done these before. We will catch the first train we can out of port.

We want to see the coliseum, Piazza Navrona, Trevi Fountain......I want to give ourselves plenty of time to get back to the ship, so thinking we should be headed out of Rome by 4 at the latest.

Can you tell me please.....should the coliseum (Palantine Hill) be first or last and as far as location to the train.......

I just have a fear about where we should be in order to make a smooth exit of the city.

I'd probably say shoot for the colliseum first, probably buying your tickets at palantine hill. Lines for the colliseum can get pretty long, but if you get their as quickly as you can in the morning, it's not too bad. You can then work your way across the city to the west, and eventually catch the train back from the Roma S Pietro station at about 4:28 or so. Lot of walking if you walk it all, but doable (we did it all walking).

Some of our tablemates did things in the opposite order we did, and found that when they reached the colliseum the lines were pretty bad. (Their priority for the day was the vatican museum, and since we were also there on a saturday, the times for the museum really are pretty bad.) By taking the train to Rome Termini and the subway to the colliseum stop, we were able to get there before the lines got real bad (but even then, we probably saved 15-20 minutes in line by getting the tickets at palantine hill, even though it is a bit of an extra walk to do this).

And that guide to finding the ticket booth at Palantine hill with pictures is pretty good. My wife had printed it out for our use too :).

Archived