Obstructed View Wind Balconies

giggles217

Hoping that there is someone out there that can help me. We're booked into one of just a few obstructed view balcony ooms on the Wind. Am wondering how bad this is. Has anyone been in or seen one of these rooms? It appears from the pictures I have seen of the Wind that the obstructionis from the curve design on the fron and rear of the ship.

Thanks Jad828,

I would really appreciate it if you would let me know how it is and what to expect. Not that we would be able to change rooms now but sometimes just knowing what to expect helps the situation.

Was wondering if anyone had closeup pictures of the Wind from the side so that maybe I could see what the outside of the balcony looked like to see how obstructed it is.

Did you get a discounted rate for the room?

I too have been concerned. We were not told we had an obstructed view, but from the largest picture of the ship it looks like it is. We upgraded to have the balcony but we are dead forward, first balcony port side (8003). Instead of fretting, however, I've decided it will be a good location no matter what because we can take a few steps out of our room and be on the forward deck to view both sides of the ship if we want. Also, no matter the obstruction, You'll have some sort of view and, of course, the wonderful fresh sea air. Let's not worry....but enjoy to the max!! ;)

Just returned from a Hawaiian cruise on the Wind. The obstructed view balcony cabin we were assigned was are NOT worth the upcharge. Only one person is able to stand at the rail at a time Further, the cruise ship personnel say the "they get complaints on those cabins on every cruise".

My suggestion is to select an outside stateroom cabin and save your money for one of the overpriced tour packaged offered aboard ship. (We pre-arranged tours and rental cars and saved nearly 50% of the on-board offered tour packages.

:mad:

cdkempton,

When will you be cruising? By the sounds of the previous post I not feeling too good about these balcony rooms. Your attitude is very up beat and I was hoping if you were travelling soon I could hear your views once you returned.

I don't want to start off our cruise with a negative attitude.

Thanks

We'll be on the 10/2/04 cruise for 11 days. I'm considering calling to request a change of room (if possible). If it doesn't happen, we'll make the best of what we've got. If only one can be at the rail at a time we'll just have to cuddle so we both fit. (This isn't easy since we're "older" cruisers and do carry a little extra around the middle. I'll have to put my DH on a diet so we'll both fit. LOL;)) I'll try to post note on the CC while aboard. Happy Sails...........Colette

cdkempton,

What a great attitude. I feel there's nothing we can do either so should just make the best of it. I would approciate it though if you could post your experience either while onboard or after you arrive home. I'm trying to think of the positives, like maybe the obstruction will shade one section of the balcony and still provide a view when sitting.

If you do get to change your cabin could you still try to find out some info for me????

Thanks!!!!

We also have room 8003.

Were you able to change your room to another balcony room or did you take an outside cabin? How did you go about asking for the switch, directly through NCL or through your travel agent.

If you could sneak a peek at these obstructed balcony rooms I would appreciate it. Still have my heart set on a balcony so may just live with the obstruction unless we can get another balcony room.

Thanks!

HI CDKEMPTON, We are booked on the wind sailing on 09/22/2004 hoping to have a great time, but the reason for my reply is that my wife and I have found that its not worth the extra money for a view of any sort, I know this is a matter of opinion but we have booked balconies and rooms with large windows and found we may only bother to even look out them a couple of times the whole cruise. This time we booked an inside cabin to save money so we can do more of the shore excursions. We are booked in room # 8101 and I will let everyone know how it goes as this room is in the very front of the ship also.

HI CDKEMPTON, We are booked on the wind sailing on 09/22/2004 hoping to have a great time, but the reason for my reply is that my wife and I have found that its not worth the extra money for a view of any sort, I know this is a matter of opinion but we have booked balconies and rooms with large windows and found we may only bother to even look out them a couple of times the whole cruise. This time we booked an inside cabin to save money so we can do more of the shore excursions. We are booked in room # 8101 and I will let everyone know how it goes as this room is in the very front of the ship also.

Yes, please let us know how your room at the front of the ship is. We're booked in a room at the front on Deck 10. We've always stayed in the middle or back of the ship. I'm inclined to seasickness on a small boat, but not on a large ship. However, the open sea trip to Fanning Island may be different so would like to know your experience.

Thanks.

Thanks, Terry Wheat. I'll be looking forward to your experiences on the front of the ship.

CDkempton: That's what we figured. It looks like the front of deck 10 is really not part of decks where there should be a lot of people so it'll be nice to be able to see what's going on.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I am back. I replied to your post before we left realizing you said balcony...we just had a window... I didn't know if you wanted my input.

At any rate...we were able to see pretty well. I was a little hesitant, but, we only had the nose of the tender. When we were in tender ports, they used the boat by our window so we had excellent views. For me, I would rather some view than no view.

Bon Voyage!!

we've been on 2 cruises before. Disney and R.C. Voyager and stayed in inside rooms. This time we got the obstructed view because I think we could sleep all day and we don't really want too! This way hopefully the sunlight will wake us up. Has anybody stayed in room 8241?

Archived