1st time Cruise

1st Timmers

This is our first time crusing and we are on Holland America Zuder. We leave in about a month and getting very excited. Last night we booked our shore excursions, but not sure if we chose the right ones. We want to snorkel. Have only been once when we were in XCaret in Mexico. We LOVED it.

Anyway, in ST. Thomas we picked the Barefoot Sail and Snorkle at Shipwreck Cove. I believe this was at Christmas Cove?? Does anyone know why it is listed as strenuous? (3 people description)? It says the shipwreck is 25 feet under the surface. You dont have to dive under the water to see anything do you? I cannot hold my breath very long and wouldn't want to do this. I am just not sure why it is listed the way it is?

We didn't sign up to do any excursions at Tortola. Thought we would just walk around.

In Grand Turks we are doing the Power Snorkel Adventure. Has anyone done this? Is it fun? Do you get enough time to explore on your own?

Again, since this is our first time, we want to book the best snorkel that we can.

Whatever guidance you can provide, would be appreciated.

Sorry it is Turtle Cove in St Thomas not Christmas Cove

Are you sure it is Turtle Cove? We went there several years ago and I don't remember a ship wreck, but it's possible things have changed since I was there. In any case, our excursion was aboard a motorized sailboat. We had to jump off the boat into the water and then getting back on we had to climb up a ladder that hung over the side. I'm not sure if that qualifies the strenuous part. I don't remember there being strong currents or anything like that. We followed a guide and we did swim a bit aways from the boat.

While you are in Tortola go the the Baths, incredible and not too crowded. The on the way back to the ship stop at Pussers, have a drink on the porch and watch the day go by :) The drink they are famous for is a "Painkiller" and they are yummy

Have a great cruise

Archived