Conquest In Grand Cayman Time Wise?

SUGARSHACKER

I Have Talked With Nativeway And I Have A Excursion To Be On Pier At 8:15 Central Time. Has Anyone Done This And Got Off The Ship In Time To Meet Their Excursion? There Excursion Leaves At 9:30 Eastern Time. She Told Me To Go To The Purser's Desk And Explain I Have A

Early Excursion And They Show Them My Confirmation And They Will Give Me A Tender Ticket. I Have Never Booked Except With The Ship Before And This Makes Me Alittle Nervous. I Know I Have Heard That

The Ship Excursion Leave First But She Said That Is Not Always So.

Just For My Peace Of Mind Could Some One Reassure Me About This.

Thanks Alot And Everyone Have A Good Cruise. Sharon

There are lots of private excursion companies on Grand Cayman.

If the operator told me to be there 1 hour and 15 minutes before the tour departure time I'd pick someone else. :rolleyes:

That being said, provided your ship isn't late arriving, with a 7:00 AM arrival you should have no trouble getting off the ship on time.

Thanks Alot For Your Quick Reply To My Question. I Really Thought I Would Have Time But Still Somewhat Nervous About It. Because If For Some Reason We Are Late Getting Off Then We Will Lose Our Money.

Yes We Are Suppose To Get To Cayman At 7:00 Am. And She Said That They Are 1 Hour Ahead Of The Ship Time Due To Us Being Central And

They Are Eastern. Well I Am Not Going To Worry Any More I Have More Important Things To Worry About Right Now. My 37 Year Old Nephew Has Been Diagnosed With Cancer. Everyone Have A Good Night And Happy Crusin To All. Sharon

sorry to read about your nephew. Conquest tends to adjust ship time to whatever local time is - at least it has the two times I've been on it.

i've gone with Nativeway before and didn't have a problem - not sure which ship that was from - I'll have to try to figure out.

Just remember that CCL will give priorty to their Excursions. There is another thread on the boards that talks about this very thing. Make sure that the provider will wait for you if you are unable to get on one of the first tenders.

I Have Talked With Nativeway And I Have A Excursion To Be On Pier At 8:15 Central Time. Has Anyone Done This And Got Off The Ship In Time To Meet Their Excursion? There Excursion Leaves At 9:30 Eastern Time. She Told Me To Go To The Purser's Desk And Explain I Have A

Early Excursion And They Show Them My Confirmation And They Will Give Me A Tender Ticket. I Have Never Booked Except With The Ship Before And This Makes Me Alittle Nervous. I Know I Have Heard That

The Ship Excursion Leave First But She Said That Is Not Always So.

Just For My Peace Of Mind Could Some One Reassure Me About This.

Thanks Alot And Everyone Have A Good Cruise. Sharon

Are you paying in advance? If so, what if the ship is late or can't anchor at all.

Pay nothing in advance or get another tour.You know you can grab many tours at the dock as soon as you get off much cheaper.

Nativeway doesn't require advance payment, but any reputable company refunds advance payments if ship is late or bypasses the port altogether.

You could pick up tours at the dock, but can be a hassle, it may be with a vendor you've never heard of, and won't save you any money over similar tours booked in advance. If fact, booking at the dock could cost you more.

Ship tours would be the most expensive option.

What if the customer is late?That is what I was refering to if they could not tender early.

If the customer didn't feel like getting out of bed, they should be penalized.

With a ship tour, if you are a no show (or a too late show), the penalty is 100%.

With an independent, it is often 0% or perhaps your deposit, if required. If you go through one of the shore excursion brokers, they will be sure to get their cut.

If a number of customers are late, the operator knows something is going on with the tender process. If almost all are on time, it tends to indicate a few didn't try hard enough.

Operators that depend on cruise ships for their income will tend to wait a little while, but if you are late (more than a few minutes), you may get a few stares from the people who were on time.

I have seen people use their cellphones to call the tour operator from the ship to let them know they were still coming and to please wait.

Archived