insider information please on cigars

cruisendude2001

does anyone know the best place to get a good deal on some cubanos i plan on picking up atleast 2 boxes while i am on vacation we will be in st thomas, tortola and semana??

adam

You do realize that they are illegal to take back into the US. Do not get caught with them because not only will they be taken away, you will be fined and who knows what else. You won't find any legally in St. Thomas because it's a US possession.

Just be careful if you do buy them because they may say Cuban cigars but you don't always GET cuban cigars.

Again....DO NOT bring them back with you.

does anyone know the best place to get a good deal on some cubanos i plan on picking up atleast 2 boxes while i am on vacation we will be in st thomas, tortola and semana??

adam

St. Thomas , of course, is out of the question.............no Habanos there. As for Semana and Tortola, no LCDH store is listed for either place, so it will be 'buyer beware'. I am going to Tortola in late November, and am interested to see what is offered..............

as the others have said smoke what you can on the ship-it will really annoy the people on the next balcony but that will give them a chance to rant on CC. There are lots of fakes being sold as Cuban. No bargains so expect to pay upwards of $10 for a small one and $40 for a Churchill.

You do realize that they are illegal to take back into the US. Do not get caught with them because not only will they be taken away, you will be fined and who knows what else. You won't find any legally in St. Thomas because it's a US possession.

Just be careful if you do buy them because they may say Cuban cigars but you don't always GET cuban cigars.

Again....DO NOT bring them back with you.

i have cruised through ny harbor multiple times and brought cubans back multiple times there are ways to get around it and i am not worried at all i appreciate your concern i am still looking for a good place to get a good deal on a few boxes though

adam

• 2 weeks later...
RebelJohn,

I will be in Tortola also in late November and plan to check out both Little Denmark and Pusser's Outpost, which are both supposed to sell "fine cigars"

What ship are you sailing on?

Sailing on the Zuiderdam, 11/24-12/1. We'll be in Tortola on 11/27.

And which ship are you on?

I'm on the NCL Jewel, leaving Miami the day after Thanksgiving.

Cruisendude, let me know what you're interested in and I'll scout it out for you and get back with some info.

RebelJohn, I see you're from my old home town! Small world!

I'm on the NCL Jewel, leaving Miami the day after Thanksgiving.

Cruisendude, let me know what you're interested in and I'll scout it out for you and get back with some info.

RebelJohn, I see you're from my old home town! Small world!

We actually looked at booking that cruise, but our kids couldn't swing the extra day off. My father and step-mother will be on the cruise with you. I think you are in Tortola the day before us...........don't buy all the cigars, please leave me a few.............

RebelJohn,

I think my actual cigar buying will be done in La Casa Del Habanos in Antigua,

but it doesn't hurt to keep an eye out for other options. It does appear we will be in Tortola a day ahead of you though. I promise I will try not to buy all their stock, but who knows?

• 2 weeks later...
RebelJohn,

I will be in Tortola also in late November and plan to check out both Little Denmark and Pusser's Outpost, which are both supposed to sell "fine cigars"

What ship are you sailing on?

We purchased a couple of cigars from Little Denmark a couple of years ago. Our last trip to Tortola this past April happened to fall on a Sunday and the store were closed.

• 4 weeks later...

Cruisendude,

Just got back last night and can report that Little Denmark on Main street in Tortola does have a selection of nice cigars. Their humidor is the size of a small walk in closet. They have the usual brands: Montecristo, Cohiba, Romeo & Julieta, H. Uppman and my favorite, Partagas. Purely in the interest of research and quality control, I had to sample a Partagas corona. You won't be disappinted. Their prices seemed reasonable ($7.95 US for the single corona). By the way, there are several nice shops along main street, so the wife can enjoy the short stroll from the dock also.

We didn't get by Little Denmark in time to shop, it was closed by the time we got back. I did go over to Pusser's and have a look at their cigars. They had a small display hunidor, and the cigars were riddled with beetle holes, and VERY expensive as well. Don't waste any time going to see their cigars...............

Cruisendude,

Just got back last night and can report that Little Denmark on Main street in Tortola does have a selection of nice cigars. Their humidor is the size of a small walk in closet. They have the usual brands: Montecristo, Cohiba, Romeo & Julieta, H. Uppman and my favorite, Partagas. Purely in the interest of research and quality control, I had to sample a Partagas corona. You won't be disappinted. Their prices seemed reasonable ($7.95 US for the single corona). By the way, there are several nice shops along main street, so the wife can enjoy the short stroll from the dock also.

were the the "legit special kind" i am looking for??

Archived