? for women what clothes how much??

darbysue

:confused: Help - we leave on the CB Nov 4th - I cruised once but that was 15 years ago- everything I read says to pack then take out half ( like that is going to happen!!) What would you all recommend - I am 52 - love the sun - will go to formal night - but in general am wondering about shorts tops etc for day wear- we have a snorkling day on St Maartan and island tour on St Thomas - Do I need a sweater/sweatshirt etc. capris - thanks in advance for everyones help - this board is wonderfull

Hi Darbysue

Why not post this question on the Cruise Fashions and Beauty page - you'll most probably get more responses. Go to Boards (on the orange header at the top of this page) and then click on fashions and beauty - its a very friendly board - not that this one isn't - and you can pick up lots of interesting tips re cruise fashions, etc. Have a great cruise!

Ros:)

I will be on the ship with you, and we cant wait!!! I have been on 2 cruises, and I don't plan on getting all flustered with the clothes thing on this cruise. Capris will work for so much, so bring them. Especially if you have a cute little heel...they could be dressed up for dinner in my opinion. But shorts or capris or denim skirt are great for breakfast and all round ship wear. I am brining 2 nicer dresses for formal nights (knee length), and a skirt. I have mid heel sandals that I will wear with all my evening outfits so I am not even going to deal with pantyhose :eek: .

Two bathing suits and a cover up would be fine (I own 3 so I am bringing 3-it was a good year in bathing suit shopping! I actually found not one but THREE that fit really well-go figure. No more bathing suit shopping for me for the next 5 years!). For the day trips around the island, a (denim)skirt (only because they seam to pack with very little wrinkles) and t-shirt or sleeveless top over a bathing suit (if you are beaching it) would be great.

I will also bring a black pashmina to cover my shoulders at night if its chilly from a/c. Hope that helps.

We just came back from 10 days in Cozumel, so all of the things that I packed for that worked really well, so I washed them all and now have them in the spare room waiting to be re-packed. This cruise will be the easiest to pack for since I just did it a month ago!

I have been on many cruises (26) and have learned not to take so many different outfits on a Caribbean cruise. Since I do many water activities while on shore I take two bathing suits and a coverup.

I take white walking shorts and white and black capris. I take clothes for the formal nights, but now I sometimes take just one dress and have a different coverup top for the second formal night. I take about three or four tops to go with the capris and walking shorts. I have found that I usually have a bathing suit on when going ashore and have the walking shorts and some type of cotton blouse coverup over the bathing suit.

Since I prefer to wear dresses rather than slacks, I take about three casual dresses and no slacks or jeans (they are just too warm for me in the Caribbean). I do not take a sweater or sweatshirt, but do take a shawl though I rarely use it.

One basic dress that I find invaluable is Chico's black sleeveless travel dress. I really think I could travel with only that dress and various accessories to fit the occasion, but haven't streamlined to that point as yet.

It is great not having lots of suitcases and not having to take the time to pack and unpack. Also I place my things in separate large zip lock bags -- simple to unpack underwear and tops and just place on the shelves. I also put my blouses in the suitcase on a wire hanger -- snap to simply put them on the rod.

I do take a large beach type bag for the beach time. I also take a pair of aquasocks for the beach.

For shoes I take a pair of sandals, a heeled sandal for smart casual nights and a pair of dress heels for formal nights.

Remember, there is a self laundry on board.

JDM...fabulous reply...I read it and imagined it all. We could travel together. I have been eyeing some of those travel dresses, but havent purchased any...I want a v-neck and sleeveless...and black of course, but that is easy to find. I have been doing black and white for years and it makes travel easy. I am now trying to break out of that mold and add color, finally. Black is still usually the main part...but I dont take much white since if you spill, that's it (I dont do laundry on the ship...I have no need-I bring enough for 7 days). Well, I WILL be bringing those white capris of mine...a white denim, and I will be bringing 2 white v neck t-shirts. Oh well, so I guess I do white also. ;)

I also bring a light wieght beach bag...Celebrity gave us one on their cruise, so it's easy to pack.

I want to master this packing on the hanger thing, though. I tried it a while back and gave up. Then this past trip to Mexico I tried again. Didn't work, but brought empty hangers with me incasse we needed more! I just read a post a few days ago with specific (very specific) instructions about packing on the hnager. Maybe mny suitcase is too small! I use a rolling one that now I check, but used to just barley be acceptable for carryon. They dont make it anymore I doon't think. It must be like a 23 inch, not a 22. Anyway, ...Well, actually, my dresses (2) will go on the garment bag. Maybe no need for hangers. ANd I bought those huge zip locs that people talked about, but that wasnt all that great either...so i just used my laundry cleaner bags in between stuff.

We do keep our luggage to a minimum. One rolling standard size bag for each of us (actually carry on size but not since the liquid thing), nad a garment bag for cruises (there are 3 of us), and one bag for everyones shoes, sunscreen, and just extra "stuff". That is a duffle and folds into one of the bags for storage.

Archived