What to do with luggage after the cruise from Tampa

Rasta Pirate

I am booked on the Miracle out of Tampa, and since my return flight is not until 5pm, I would like to do some sightseeing, and have a nice lunch in Tampa before heading to the airport.

Can anyone give me any suggestions as to what to do with my luggage so I don't have to drag it around with me?

This will be my first time to Tampa, so I have no clue where any thing is.

Thanks for any help.

RP

You wont be able to check in your luggage at the airport so that is out.

You can rent a car for the few hours you will be siteseeing. You will have ready transportation AND someplace to store your luggage while you wait. It will probably cost just as much in cab fare getting you around.

At NO thye had a curb side service that took your bages to the airport and held them. Don't know if that is avalible in Tampa. There was a fee, I think it was $20 for the first three bags and $5 for each additional bag. If they have this service it is well worth it. Hoping they have it at Long Beach if anybody knows.

Thanks Sirene & Pineview.

I do not want to rent a car, as I mentioned earlier, this will be my first time to Tampa & I do not know my way around.

Pineview, I called Carnival to ask if they had the curbside service you mentioned, and they said "no".

Anyone else have any ideas?

The Aquarium is right next to the Port and they will store your luggage for you if you go to the aquarium. I would suppose you could "sneak" out and take a cab to go get lunch. If you have kids the aquarium has an outdoor fun water area.

In doing some research on our upcoming cruise I too wanted to rent a car when we finished our cruise. I found out that the Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel has a Hertz car rental desk. I believe they are located near the pier , but I haven't called them yet to make a reservation. I am hoping that we will be able to get from the pier to them w/our luggage & then see some local sights.

http://marriott.com/property/guestRooms/TPAMC?ptnr=marriottse_info

Augcruise,

Please tell me more about this aquarium you suggested. Have you stored luggage there yourself? How far from the cruise terminal is this aquarium? Do they have actual luggage check?, or will I, as you say, have to "sneak" out for a few hours?

Thanks for your help!

Our cruise arrived in Tampa yesterday ... we walked across the street to the aquarium and they held our luggage at the information counter for no charge. The aquarium was really nice ... we were there for a few hours. We went in at around 10:30. So if you spend a few hours there, and then you can either have lunch there or at the airport ... you have to be at the airport 90mins in advance anyways.

In regards to car rentals ... Enterprise is on the web. They have a site at the airport, and when we returned the car to the location near the pier they dropped us off at the pier for no charge. As an added bonus, we asked for a small compact car ($19.95 a day) and when we went to get it they said "Sorry, we're running short of small cars, would you mind an SUV for the same price?" We got a 2005 Yukon ... sweet! :)

Hope this helps!

Leigh-Anne

The Aquarium is right there at the port. They will hold your luggage while you are in the aquarium. I am assuming that as long as you pick it up before they close they will hold it.

The aquarium is great but don't eat there. They are not known for their food. Just walk across the street back to Channelside (where the ship is docked) and you have your choice of Hooter's, Margarita Mamas, Stumps Supper Club (food is great) among other shops. By the time you see the aquarium, get some food it will be time to go to the airport. There are taxies at the aquarium to take you there.

Lisa:cool:

Thanks Sirene & Pineview.

Pineview, I called Carnival to ask if they had the curbside service you mentioned, and they said "no".

Anyone else have any ideas?

The service wasn't offered by Carnival. Call the airport and ask if they have someone, a independent service, picking up bags from the Port.

Just a further note to the aquarium. If you goto the entertainment book site you can get a 10 day free membership for the tampa area and print off a coupon for a buy one get one free pass to the aquarium(saves $20) and also so coupons for some restaurants in tampa.

Archived