jet boat or wave runner?

suzysunshine

My DH and I are planning to do stingray city and were thinking of doing the jet boat or wave runner out there. Here's the thing. We are both 53 (years young!) and I was just wondering which would be easier on our old bones. the jet boat looks easier, but as I've never done either, I could use some advice.

:rolleyes: Thanks - sue

Ok, we did the jet boat (I'm 39 and husband 46).......We went really fast and the 6 jet skis that were with us went just as fast and the waves were pretty big and just about beat ourselves to death in that little boat. It will move let me tell you!! I looked over at the jet skis and it seemed we were catching more air and hitting the water harder each time than they were. I dont know if it's because the jet boat is wider or what. We were so tired after that we really had to recoup at the resort before taking a taxi back to the ship. We did a little shopping but pretty much called it a day. If you do the boat, just make sure to stay behind the guide. My dh got ahead of him and just about went over the reef. SCARY

The guide said he didnt care how fast we went because if you go slow the boat will swamp. So, we didnt want that to happen. It was fun and scary and tiring and exciting. The water was fabulous though at stingray city. If I had to do it over. I would scedule a slower boat ride there and stay longer and snorkel and stuff. On this tour you are kind of rushed.

"It was fun and scary and tiring and exciting."

I LOVE your description!

I may rethink this now. It does look so fun, and I want to do something exciting and different, but I don't know that it's worth it. I really thought the jet boats looked rather tame - but maybe on a lake!

thanx for your input!:)

We thought the jet boat would be "tame" also. We used to have one and took it out on the lake and it was smooth and fun. Those little seadoos really move!! They are pretty small also so they really hit the waves pretty hard. BUT, you dont have to go as fast as we did. Part of the time dh was trying to go fast to skim the waves, but dont think that approach really worked.....LOL

Whatever you choose...have a blast!!

Archived