Question about Carnival sting ray tours

anaslile

I'm browsing through shore excursions offered through Carnival and maybe I'm just being a dumb blonde today, but I cannot for the life of me tell what's different between these two excursions except for about $20 difference, a photostop and a glass of rum punch. Before anybody asks, I'm going through Cruise shore excursions b/c I'm traveling solo, so doing an independent isn't as appealing or cost-saving. Does anybody have any insights to help me out?

Thanks ahead of time!

Stingray Sandbar, Hell and Turtle Farm experience (more expensive)

Stingray City and Island Tour (less expensive)

We will be traveling on Carnival Conquest 11/4 and I had the same question. I called Carnival but they did not see a difference, either. It might just be a difference in the tour operator used.

We ended up booking the Stingray City and Island Tour since it is more descriptive.

FYI - both offer rum punch, it is just in small print on one of the descriptions.

Hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise, I'm sure you will enjoy either one!

Snow, thanks for your response. I was initially booked for the more expensive one, but have decided to go with the other one, like you. I almost wonder if the other one is cheaper because it leaves earlier! I don't mind, I'm an early bird myself. Plus if it causes me to avoid the majority of the crowds at the stingray sight, I'm happy.

Let me know what you think of the tour once you're back and how it compares to others, if you hear from people who went on the other.

• 4 weeks later...

No one I talked to took the other stingray excursion offered through carnival. We were very pleased with the stingray portion of the tour, but felt rushed through the turtle farm and Hell.

By the way, the rum punch is very potent!!!! Stingray City is amazing, absolutely loved it!!! Going early is an advantage since they are still hungry. The disposable underwater cameras we used really came back with some great pictures.

This was the highlight of our trip!!!! Hope all goes well for you, have a wonderful cruise.:)

Archived