Room Service Question

EastTexans2

Our steward (Paw) told our friends across the hall to fill it out each night to ensure they did get their coffee. He said there are so many rooms it might fall through- then again it might not.

Just fill them out when you get there it should only take a minute or so.

Also don't forget it's customary to tip EACH time they bring your coffee- my friends didn't realize this;)

Thanks for the response....yes I usually fill out the card every night (and tip). I just wondered if there was an easier way to handle it. But as you mentioned, I will fill them all out at one time and have them ready.

I always order something before going to bed and just hand them the card then, that way you dont have to worry about someone taking it or them not getting it.

I always order something before going to bed and just hand them the card then, that way you dont have to worry about someone taking it or them not getting it.
I like this idea. We usually order cookies, brownies and milk in the evening so I'll have my card ready then.

Our steward (Paw) told our friends across the hall to fill it out each night to ensure they did get their coffee. He said there are so many rooms it might fall through- then again it might not.

Just fill them out when you get there it should only take a minute or so.

Also don't forget it's customary to tip EACH time they bring your coffee- my friends didn't realize this;)

I thought the tip was added to your sail and sign card.

I thought the tip was added to your sail and sign card.

No, its not ...this can be found on the carnival website

spacer.gif Service Gratuities

For your convenience, we automatically charge the gratuities for dining and stateroom staff to your onboard Sail & Sign account. The total amount is $10.00 per guest, per day (our recommended guideline) as follows:

$ 3.50 Per Day Stateroom Services

$ 5.50 Per Day Dining Room Services

$ 1.00 Per Day Alternative Services: distributed to other kitchen and hotel service staff

For Cruises-To-Nowhere, gratuities of $10 per guest, per day must be prepaid.

Our Staff is totally committed to exceed your expectations in every way possible. If you are not satisfied with the service you receive, we encourage you to contact the Purser’s Information desk while onboard. This will allow us to address your concerns in a timely and appropriate fashion. At your discretion, you may adjust the gratuities at any time.

For beverage purchases, fifteen percent of the bill is automatically added to the Sail & Sign charge. Room Service staff may be tipped as service is rendered. Tipping your Maître d’ is at your discretion, based upon the service you receive.

spacer.gif

Room Service staff may be tipped as service is rendered. Tipping your Maître d’ is at your discretion, based upon the service you receive.

spacer.gif

I'm pretty new to this and did not order room service on my last cruise.

What amount do you tip for room service ?

How 'bout the Maitre D ?

Archived