Booking deposit question...

MamaParrotHead

We're taking the kiddos for the first time on our next cruise. We usually pay for our cruises with tax refunds and DH's work bonuses, so saving up using our monthly discretionary funds usally takes a while.

My question is...even though we're planning on taking all 4 of us, when we call to book initially, can we just book 2 of us (for the $500 deposit) and then add the other two at a later time (in the same cabin) and at that time pay their $500 deposit?

Thanks.

I think you can put down the deposit for only the 2 of you to reserve the cabin, however, you do not lock in the fare for kids until the deposit is put down. So theoretically, the kids fare could be higher than yours if fares go up.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

It can be done, we did it on our Glory cruise in Sept. We actually booked two rooms, and only booked one person in each room initially, and then added the second and third in each room at a later date. HOWEVER...you do run the risk of the ship filling up to it's capacity, if you play it that way. The ship's capacity is based on the number of PEOPLE booked on the cruise, not the amount of space. So, even though you have space in your ROOM for 4 people...if the ship reaches it's maximum capacity, you would not be able to add your children on.

Hope you all have a great time!

You can do that, however, depending on when you are planning to cruise(and I am guessing it is when the kids are out of school), you may find there are no triples or quads available for that sailing. During vacations and summer, the availability for these cabins goes very quickly.

We're taking the kiddos for the first time on our next cruise. We usually pay for our cruises with tax refunds and DH's work bonuses, so saving up using our monthly discretionary funds usally takes a while.

My question is...even though we're planning on taking all 4 of us, when we call to book initially, can we just book 2 of us (for the $500 deposit) and then add the other two at a later time (in the same cabin) and at that time pay their $500 deposit?

Thanks.

You can do that, however, you do run the risk that there will not be any cabins for 4 when you call back to add them. If there is an occupancy restriction on the sailing, they will not let you secure a quad cabin if you are only putting 2 people in that cabin. Also, if rates go up for the 3rd and 4th pax, you would also be subject to the higher rates when you add them.

Thanks.

I has a cousin do that once. She was to be the 3rd passenger in the room. My mother and one other person was going in the room also. Since my mom always takes her income tax and pays the WHOLE thing, her money actually held the room for a while. But my cousin and the other passenger was lucky that the air did not change. But there is always a risk at that happening.

Archived