Whats on the menu in the included resturants?

love2306

We have sailed many times on Carnival but NCL is looking intriguing to be able to go from NYC on Spirit. Can anyone fill me in on what is typically found in the free of charge restaurants? If anyone knows about vegetarian options that would be helpful too. Are the menus the same each night in each restaurant? Also can anyone tel me about the Blue Lagoon - I thought I saw somewhere it was open 24 hrs -is that true and what is offered there as well? (my husband loves the 24 pizza and ice cream on carnival) Any help would help us make our decision, Thanks!

the blue lagoon has a limited menu...sit down service for grill items cooked fresh, like hamburgers and fries. as well as chili, wings, potato wedges (they call them potato skins), shepard pie, asia noodles and some other stuff i haven't tried. it's a good place for self serve coffee, tea, water and such.

i don't have a link for the menus...but it was very much like my other cruises. several choices, usually a with a poultry, meat and pasta dish available. not sure how, strictly, veggies the veggie dishes are. the menus changed at the begining of the year, if you find a menu..check the dates.

i am going on the spirit in 46 days, i will be posting the current information when i come back.

These menus are from the Dawn, Nov/Dec of 2006. It was the first week of the new menus, and they were still using paper instead of real menus. The Blue Lagoon menu is on the second page. I believe the menus are used fleetwide.

There are also bar menus and dailies in the link in my signature.

Jackie

http://travel.webshots.com/album/556482757BLuikz?start=12

We have sailed many times on Carnival but NCL is looking intriguing to be able to go from NYC on Spirit. Can anyone fill me in on what is typically found in the free of charge restaurants? If anyone knows about vegetarian options that would be helpful too. Are the menus the same each night in each restaurant? Also can anyone tel me about the Blue Lagoon - I thought I saw somewhere it was open 24 hrs -is that true and what is offered there as well? (my husband loves the 24 pizza and ice cream on carnival) Any help would help us make our decision, Thanks!

Sorry but I have not been on the Spirit - so I can't be too specific. However I can say that there are basically two types of "included" restaurant.

Like all cruiseships there will be a main dining room (two I believe in the case of the Spirit). The menu there will change every night - although there are some things that are always available (like grilled chicken breast and baked potato). There is always a vegetarian selection (usually pretty good - my husband has it when it appeals to him). There is also usually a poultry selection, a red meat selection and a seafood/fish selection.

Besides the main dining room(s) there will be some "specialty" restaurants that are "included" and some "specialty" restaurants that are pay-extra. They have the same menu every night. The details of which specialty restaurants are pay extra and which are not will be in the Freestyle Daily.

NOTE: EXCEPT for "Blue Lagoon" and other snacky type specialty restaurants (like the Tapas bars on some ships), "specialty" restaurants (even the "included" ones require reservations. This info will also be in the Freestyle Daily.

There will also be a buffet area (included of course).

For restaurant details - ALWAYS check the Freestyle Daily. It contains most of the info that will make your cruise easier.

Have a great cruise!

the link that was posted is for the surcharge restaurants. i think (will know more in 46 days) the names of the asian is different on the spirit.

the main dining rooms are very much like the other cruises i have been on....beef wellington, pasta dishes ( i had the BEST lasange, plum sauce, it was great). you have the "anytime" items...steak, chicken, salmon, bake potato and ceasar salad....even it they aren't listed on the menu.

if you have a special request, like veggie dishes that aren't cooked in beef broth, i would talk to the matre 'd when i got on the ship.

my only complaint is that the spirit doesn't have a tex-mex, i was looking forward to that...like on the star. i hope they still have the rack of lamb...it was great last time i had it...cooked just right, which is hard for mass market dining.

menus are universal through out the NCL, but can be switched to different days. all menus will be available in several places..at the purser's (customer service) desk, at the station set up for reservations and in front of each restaurant. going to try to eat healthy this cruise, will let you know how we do:D

Archived