Rum Point or Cemetery Beach-Enough Time?

susie63

We will be in GC with 6 other ships from 8am-3pm. I've searched the archives. After renting a car and driving to Rum Point, we may have approx 3 hrs on the beach if I've calculated correctly. Is it worth it or should we take a cab to Cemetery Beach? Is it hard to get a taxi back from Cemetery? I'm looking for a nice beach, snorkeling, and suggestions on a great lunch spot (preferably on the beach) on the way back to town. Thanks!:confused:

I would say go for Rum Point. Three hours there should be enough. We rented a car from Avis. They pick you up at a store called The Blue Iguana. The rental place is at the airport which is about 15 minutes away. You are in and out in no time. The total cost was about $65. The drive is a little tricky right around the airport, after that it is simple. It is only a cople of turns from what I remember. When you get there early you will practially have the place to yourself. An excursion arrives later and it gets a little crowded while they are there. We got there around 9:45 and left around 1:00. I would allow a full 2 hours to get back the your ship just in case. The beach is the best I have been to. The water is crystal clear and is waist deep for about 100 feet out. You can also get lunch and drinks right there on the beach.

Archived