Booking for a Group

Lostwolfe

I am ready to book a cruise aboard the Miracle for next September for a large group of family and friends. Its pretty much an entire year in advance so I assume we would have no trouble getting our rooms together. However after reading some reviews and some threads and speaking to some people I'm begining to wonder. So the question to all you past cruisers who have booked groups, how big a fight is it to get your rooms together? We are ALL booking Bal rooms so I was hoping to get them all together, one big string. Also How hard is it going to be to get us all seated together at dinner? Will they do a long line of several tables or will they seat us at several? Thanx in advance for any advice. We've sailed several times but this is my first time handling a large group so I'm a little nervous reading all the things that people say go wrong!

I just recently set up a group cruise for family and friends. I found the secret is to find a good TA who knows what they are doing. We have about 30 people going. I got great rates ++ :) and all cabins so far are in a "string", dkin ing is supposed to be together, etc. If you want some help let me know your email address. NO, I am not a TA

I too am doing my first group booking for next September on the Inspiration so good luck to you. I do not know about the rooms, but at the dining room they will just group you together. At least that is what they did on my last group cruise.

Good luck and have fun.

Getting the rooms together pretty much depends on you. Carnival generally will not assign specific cabins until the cabin has a full deposit on it and there are names assigned to the booking. So the longer you wait to get everyone to make their deposits the less likely it will be that the cabins will all be together. It's pretty much first come, first served. A year in advance is not too soon.

As far as the dining situation, any group numbering over 10 will be assigned to multiple tables as that is their max table size. They will not push a number of tables together for you.

I just finalized my group sail, the rooms are not all together, but the are all on the same deck and relatively close to each other. Carnival will do it's best to get them all together. I did my group myself through Group Bookings at Carnival, I got great rates and onboard credit for those who booked in my group. As the group leader I got a significant break on my stateroom. The only thing about group booking is that if there is a price drop (for my cruise the price only went up) you are locked into the original rate.

Archived