How to get speciality dining reservations?

wernew2cruising

When I did the 10 nite Panama Canal route it was the 2nd and the 8th days of the cruise. Now of course that could change but right now that is something to go by. Also making reservations for the speciality rest. just call on the phone in your cabin and make them or you can just go by the restuarants and make them. Sometimes they might be busy the first day that you get on but at least give it a try.

Marilyn

Two ways to make specialty dining reservations - on embarkation there are dining staff posted outside one of specialty restaurants and you can walk up and make reservations there.

You can call the dine line (number supplied on the little stand up guide in your stateroom) and make reservations.

Oops - there are more ways. You can walk up to the specialty restaurant when it is open in the evening and make reservations at that time. usually. They might ask you to call the dine line, or take your info subject to later confirmation.

As to which nights are formal - for sure the first formal night is almost always the first full day at sea - the day after sailaway, which is the Captain's Welcome Aboard Dinner. For what is happening on your sailing, what with new menus, etc., you might want to check in on earlier roll call for the same ship and itinerary and ask them to report back, or start a very specific thread for the ship and itinerary and ask the question.

Hope that helps!

on embarkation there are dining staff posted outside one of specialty restaurants and you can walk up and make reservations there.

This is what I usually do. The person there can tell you exactly which nights will be formal, and what the theme (French, Italian, Caribbean) will be on each of the other nights.

This is what I usually do. The person there can tell you exactly which nights will be formal, and what the theme (French, Italian, Caribbean) will be on each of the other nights.

Thanks to everyone for your help. Since I have read they book up, I suppose it is best to go there on embarkation??? Is there a night that isn't so good in the regular dining room?

That is a loaded question and open very much to individual taste. If you can get a glimpse at each night's menu, you might find an evening that doesn't excite you in the traditional dining rooms.

If you are asking me personally - flat out Caribbean night. I want to be somewhere other than the traditional dining room that night.

For what is happening on your sailing, what with new menus, etc., you might want to check in on earlier roll call for the same ship and itinerary and ask them to report back, or start a very specific thread for the ship and itinerary and ask the question.

Hope that helps!

Looks like were going to have to wait, Cindy :mad: They have left Jamacia and do a turn on Sunday, then we should start getting some info.

Marlin

Archived