Waikiki to Waipahu

dynarider

Need some help please.......How long would it take us to get from Waikiki area to Waipahu on a Sunday morning to be in Waipahu by about 11:00AM?

Our daughter's boyfriend is a minor league baseball player for the Milwaukee Brewers and he is in Waipahu playing traveling ball and has invited us to a game on Sunday. We are delighted he has invited us but need to figure out timewise what we should do.

Thanks for any info.

So is he on the West Oahu Cane Fires or the North Shore Honu? Hans L'Orange field on a Sunday in October, it doesn't get much better than that! :) Enjoy the game! AND buy some of the logo fan merchandise... Might be worth something years from now!

Thanks for the info all.

He is on the North Shore Honu. We actually are going to the game on 11/11/07.... (oh heck) just realized that is Veteran's day.... is that going to make traffic heavier?

I'm planning on buying "goodies" at the game and having him sign them, then will bring them home to his mother and to his biggest fan for seven years, my daughter. Who knows, some day he may make the "big leagues" and we'll be there just as we were when he was in high school cheering him on!

Only 3 weeks till we fly out!!!

Veterans' Day shouldn't be a big traffic issue (and congratulations - you've picked the only reason I could possibly imagine for spending most of a Sunday in Waipahu).

Speaking of Veterans' Day, after the game, when you get back to town drop by Hank's Cafe Honolulu (a neighborhood bar on Nu'uanu Avenue between King & Hotel streets). They have their annual "Sunday, Bloody (Mary) Sunday" (always the Sunday of or immediately after Veterans' Day) featuring awesome Bloody Marys for $4 and old-time (classic) country music. They open at 3, music about 6-10.

Ka Honu thanks for the information on Hanks Cafe, sounds like my kind of place. Wish they opened earlier! Bloody Mary before the game would be good too!

Yea, spending an afternoon in paradise at a ball field wasn't on my "to do" list, but we will have three days there before we cruise, so I'm going to a ball game and not complaining!

3 weeks til we sail!!!

Wish they opened earlier! Bloody Mary before the game would be good too!

Take a run over the Pali to Kailua and see Cheryl at Creekside (creeksidelounge.com) - usually plenty of bikes in the lot, a great bartender, good Bloodys, and a fairly easy run to Waipahu over the H3 afterwards.

Take a run over the Pali to Kailua and see Cheryl at Creekside (creeksidelounge.com) - usually plenty of bikes in the lot, a great bartender, good Bloodys, and a fairly easy run to Waipahu over the H3 afterwards.

Hey, thanks very much. Sounds like a great Sunday morning. A biker bar.... imagine that, maybe I'll pick up some of my sorry biker buddies a t-shirt or two. California is beautiful right now so getting in a lot of riding, will miss it for a couple of weeks while we are in Hawaii but.... it is going to be a great time even without the bike. Any more suggestions?

You are right Sunday is full, but I have a couple other days there too. I'm going to make them all fun filled days! Then onto the other islands, then back to Honolulu for a few days! Then home, back to work, family and the Holidays!

We are flying in at noon on 11/09 sailing out Monday 11/12, evening time and the porting back in 11/19, morning and then flying home 11/21 evening, so a couple more full days in there.

Fires here in California are horendous right now. My aunt and uncle just lost everything...... feeling a bit guilty right now! Here I am planning a trip of a life time and they are trying to remember what they had in their home of 25 years.......... yikes.

I'm sure you have already figured out which sights you have to/want to see. For information on what's happening in town the weekend you get here, pick up the Honolulu Advertiser (daily paper) when you arrive and look for the TGIF section (printed every Friday). You can look it up for the current week on line (honoluluadvertiser.com under Entertainment) to get an idea of what it covers.

If you have any specific questions, let me know and I'll try to answer them (but I don't plan "How to see Oahu in ___ days" itineraries).

I've talked to a number of friends in the San Diego and Temecula areas over the past few days - luckily none affected past the "inconvenience level" so far. The whole situation sounds scarier than I like to consider.

Ka Honu.. thanks for all your help. Will pick up the paper on Friday.

We have been to Honolulu three times before and this time will try different type things this time. Thanks for your suggestions such has Hanks and Creekside lounge.

The fires that are happening in California right now redefine the words "bad day". Hope your friends all remain safe.

Archived