Nassau Beaches

kjaa0913

When I went to Nassau I went to the Wyndham in Cable Beach. At the time it was free. I hear they now charge $15 p.p. They have a nice beach with water sports like wave running, banana boats and parasailing available. There is a snack bar and alcohol bar. There is a pool for use also with a nice water slide on it. I had a great time at the Wyndham. Oh, you take the #10 Jitney (bus) (I picked it up by the McDonalds) when you get off the ship to the Wyndham. Its $1 p.p each way.

If you get the chance, take a water taxi over to Paradise Island. It's a local transport that's very amusing. It's $3 each way pp. You'll likely get a running commentary tour from a guy on the boat. He'll tell the passengers about a few things you are passing during the ride in hopes of a some tips at the end. It was enjoyable enough so we dropped him a couple of bucks. Seemed quite content with that as the boat was full. I expect he made about $40 for about 10 minutes of talk.

There's a number of different water taxis, but the fare is the same. Some of them have some amusing decorations...

Watch out for the "A souvenir from the islands..." guys though. They'll walk up and try to hang a necklace or bracelet on the unwary, then demand a stiff tip. A sharp "No" will send them on their way.

Archived