Best beaches on western route?

tricializ

Hi all:

I will be sailing on the 1/12 western caribb. cruise and I will be with my mother and 2 younger boys (5 and 7). Some of the excursions are geared to adults, adventurous types or kids. With 3 generations, and a love of the sun, I would be happy just being at a beach on as many days as possible. Mom likes that as well and the kids love the water too. On past cruises, I was with my DH and he would just hire out a taxi driver for the day, ask them where to go and we have seen some beautiful beaches that way. I am a little less comfortable doing this though and am wondering in advance what some of your favorite beaches were. I would like some services like restrooms and if possible a bar. ;)

Thanks in advance.

Tricia

On Cozumel, we love to go to Paradise Beach--nice bathrooms, lounge chairs, umbrellas, etc. The last time we were there in 4/06, there was no charge to get in, but they did ask you to spend $10 per person in food and beverage. We also bought a wrist band for $9 per person, which allowed us to use kayaks, snorkeling equipment, iceberg, and trampoline. Cost about $13 to get from port to Paradise Beach.

We did a stingray cruise on Grand Cayman, so I can't help you with a beach there.

Archived