Docking too late for excursion?

fpfryer

I need advise from some experienced cruisers, please. We are cruising on Radiance of the Seas on 2/10/08. The ship does not dock in Grand Cayman until 10 AM. We want to do a Waverunner/Stingray City excursion but the lastest time is 11 AM. I've heard they let people off first who have booked their excursions with the cruiseline. Am I correct in thinking we won't be able to get there on time? Would the ship time vs island time come into play?

Pam

I'm having the same issue, same dock time, 11:15 excursion time. I think it's cutting it close, but others on here told me they'll wait.

However, when I was looking into a waverunner stingray trip, I saw tours available at 1:00 also. I can't remember which company (i think Island Marketing) You may want to look around some more, because it's out there.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sailing on Radiance in March. Having same issues with Cozumel. One thing you may want to confirm (and I'm hoping to confirm also) is the ship time / shore time. I booked Waverunner Stingray City tour through Island Marketing for the 1pm excursion. When I received my email confirmation it says they observe Central Time / Daylight savings. So I'm confused as to whether or not the ship will observe shore time or stick with ship time. I've gotten mixed answers about this - apparently it's up to the captain whether or not to change the ship time to the actual shore time?? It's a confusing topic which makes it very difficult to schedule off shore excursions on your own - perhaps RCCL does this on purpose to encourage you to book their tours? Which by the way, they don't offer this excursion :confused: Would actually like to get OP's email address to confirm what happens on your cruise in February since I'm going in March. My email is kbrzezniak@aol.com.

Archived