Free Handicap Parking at Port of Charleston?

christau

Just thought I'd post an update in case anyone else was wondering about handicap parking at the Port of Charleston. I e-mailed and then called the port to find out for sure and got the same answer both times. They DO NOT give free parking or any other discount for those with handicap placards. It is $105 for a 7 day cruise and that is payable in cash, personal check, or money order. NO CREDIT or DEBIT CARDS.

Christa

• 6 years later...
Just thought I'd post an update in case anyone else was wondering about handicap parking at the Port of Charleston. I e-mailed and then called the port to find out for sure and got the same answer both times. They DO NOT give free parking or any other discount for those with handicap placards. It is $105 for a 7 day cruise and that is payable in cash, personal check, or money order. NO CREDIT or DEBIT CARDS.

Christa

more CURRENTLY, their website now states: "Complimentary storage is provided at no fee for vehicles displaying a valid handicap placard or license plate with ID. " If there is a fee, then their website is either wrong or very poorly written and confusing. I will have to call them tomorrow.

http://www.port-of-charleston.com/cruises/passengers/vehicle_storage.asp

Edited by pannm

Port Canaveral, and I believe all of FL, there is free parking for ADAPTED h/c vehicles. It does not include non-adapted (i.e. lifts, hand controls etc.) Found this out on a cruise when we tried to leave with just the placard.