Southern Caribbean Deep Sea Fishing?

We went in St Maarten and I hooked into a big Dorado, but it jumped one too many times and got off....!@#$%^&*( :eek: But it was still fun. Then the following cruise we went in St Lucia. We blanked. We took the ships excursion both times. If I were to go again, I think I might book a private tour. The ships fishing tours are kind of expensive. Hooking into a big fish is kinda rare I think. TV makes it sound and look allot more than it is, but if you love fishing it may be worth the $$ and time. Good luck !!

We'll be on the Serenade in January - of the following islands which would you recommend for deep sea fishing? St. Thomas, St. Martin, Antigua, St. Lucia or Barbados? And who did you go with?

I've been doing a little research on the subject myself. I will be on the Serenade in March, and am looking to fish either in Antigua or St Thomas. Yes, it is expensive. I have been looking for somebody to split the cost of a private charter for a 1/2 day trip or so. No "biters" yet, although I may find soembody on my roll-call the closer we get to sailing. Here are a couple of websites I have found:

http://www.antiguafishing.com/

http://www.doubleheadersportfishing.net/index.html

http://www.fishantigua.com/rates&bookings.html

I would be interested in hearing if you find a great deal elsewhere. I love to fish in the Caribbean. Too bad we aren't on the same sailing!

tex :cool:

Thanks for sharing your research tex_toby - You could always join our cruise on January 26th :) Two cruises in one year - not unheard of.

golfer1966 - can I assume by your username that you play? Have you ever played on any of the above mentioned islands? We're almost thinking of playing on Antigua. The green fees there are almost 1/2 of what they are on Barbados and St. Thomas.

Thanks for the responses!!

Thanks for sharing your research tex_toby - You could always join our cruise on January 26th :) Two cruises in one year - not unheard of.

Boy, wouldn't that be nice! :D

Good luck on finding a boat. Splitting a private charter with another person or couple seems to be the most economical way to go - at least for me.

Archived