Can PVPs give you perks for referrals??

carnival lover

Hi. We are heading out on our fourth Carnival cruise in January. I have booked the last 3 with the same PVP. She is always nice and helpful. I have given her 2 referrals for the last two cruises. Does anyone ever get any perks or freebies for referrals? Maybe a T-shirt or some drink coupons??? Just curious if anyone has ever gotten anything?

Thanks! :)

Hi. We are heading out on our fourth Carnival cruise in January. I have booked the last 3 with the same PVP. She is always nice and helpful. I have given her 2 referrals for the last two cruises. Does anyone ever get any perks or freebies for referrals? Maybe a T-shirt or some drink coupons??? Just curious if anyone has ever gotten anything?

I've referred friends and relatives to my PVP and never received anything...unless you count the great service she always gives me!.....I'd rather have a PVP who was willing to help me get just the cabin I want or an onboard credit for price drops than one who sends me a bottle of wine, etc

Nope and I've referred tons of people. But I don't really expect anything. I 'm not positive but I don't think they work on commission like TA do. He gives me the best price/cabin and dependable service so thats good enough for me.

They work on a point system not commission.

Dave

Do they still get their points if you book with them, and then let a TA take over the booking? I was thinking of doing that if a TA would give me a bit of OBC. Thanks!!

Yes, they do and they don't mind your doing that at all.

NOPE! Not a ding-darn thing!:(

Okay... Little things such as?

One time we got a t-shirts for the 4 of us and caps. These were mailed to our home.

A couple of times we have gotten a bottle of wine,

A couple of times we have gotten drink coupons.

A couple of times we have gotten soda coupons.

We never know if or when and we certainly don't expect it...it is just nice to be remembered!!

Wow.

That's pretty cool.

Have you referred others, or is your PVP just nice?;)

I have probably referred at least 50 people to him. I know of several that have booked at least once. I know of several that have booked with him many times.

Again, I don't know if it is from referrals or just the number of bookings we do as a family of four. (sometimes three) We are looking at 5 times a year at a minimum from now on.

Our PVP sends us an e-mail thanking us for the referral. In the e-mail he asks our our most recent cruise was then he usually sends either unique pictures of the next cruise ship or port of call for the next cruise. It's nice he just takes the time to let us know he appreciates the referrals.

This just dawned on me......(perhaps I am weird...ok, I know I am weird...but that is another topic)

I would like to add that if the "gifts" are coming out of our PVP's personal pocket, then I don't want them spending their money on me. Now if Carnival gives them a certain amount of "guest gifts" that they can send out, that is fine and we certainly enjoy them...but I hope it costs Carnival and not my PVP.

I don't know which it is...but I would love to (without having to put my PVP on the spot...of course)

Cotton ( my favorite Carnival guru that knows all)......where are you when we need you???

Archived