Simple Caymans wedding? Short planning? Help.

gbwells

So, we were originally going to get married at home, then go on the cruise with the a small family group to celebrate. But we've decided to see if it's still possible to put something very simple together for our stop in the Caymans. All we want is the simple ceremony, maybe some champagne, maybe a small cake (only 9 of us total). Don't need any flowers, music, arch, or anything fancy. We're sailing on 11/11 (NCL Pearl) and will be in Grand Caymen on Weds, 11/14.

I've done a little looking here and the one place that looked interesting to me (The Wharf) can't help us because they don't open until 6pm and we're in port from 10am to 7pm.

Anyone have any other thoughts on how to do a simple ceremony? Something at or near a nice restaurant might be nice. Haven't been to the Caymens before so I just don't know enough about the island.

I have not been to the Caymans yet and do you want to know why? Because every cruise that I have been on has sailed right past it due to rough waters or something like that.

If you plan something in the Caymans check the policy of the company. Some will not refund your money if you do not tender while other companies will work with your next stop to try and do something for you.

I think the locations that I have seen on the Caymans are beautiful! There is a botanical gardens on there that does an amazing job according to a friend who was married there. She however stayed there for a few days.

I have not been to the Caymans yet and do you want to know why? Because every cruise that I have been on has sailed right past it due to rough waters or something like that.

If you plan something in the Caymans check the policy of the company. Some will not refund your money if you do not tender while other companies will work with your next stop to try and do something for you.

I think the locations that I have seen on the Caymans are beautiful! There is a botanical gardens on there that does an amazing job according to a friend who was married there. She however stayed there for a few days.

I totally agree with the poster above. Grand Cayman is skipped quite often due to weather.

won't be the end of the world if the port is skipped and we miss it. we were originally planning on doing the ceremony at home anyway, so doing it in the caymans is a bonus. hopefully, with the whole thing being very simple (don't need flowers, an arch, any of that kind of stuff), the deposit would be minimal, so worst case a couple of hundred dollars lost (not that i want to lose it, but i'm willing to risk it). another reason to keep it simple and inexpensive. ;)

i'll send an email to grand old house.

We are getting married at The Grand Old House too in Feb 2008 from our cruise ship (Disney).

We also wanted a fairly minimal wedding and as there are only 4 in our wedding party (including us !), so not making the port was not going to be a huge problem ...we will just fly out a couple of months later if need be, for weeks holiday and do it then instead.....so a kind of win / win situation in my book ;) They are quite happy to defer your deposit to another date if need be (as was our photographer & hair salon we are using on the island).

We have found the GOH very accommodating - although they do packages, these can be tailored exactly as you like...adding as little or as much as you want.

Good luck and let us know what you decide:)

I have used this place before for excursions and they also offer wedding packages in Grand Cayman and Jamaica. Their website is shoretrips dot com. They have a basic package for under $700 I think that is at a beach or beach gazebo. It seems to be the closest to what your needs are. I believe they would refund your money should your ship have to pass that port due to bad weather. I've cruised there twice with no problems, but like the other posters say, it can be a problem. This outfilt also offers wedding packages in several other locations, so one of those may also fit in your itinerary.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the response. yes, their basic package is about $600, but that doesn't include champagne or a cake. add those and transportation for 9 and the price is between 900-1000.

desiree is very nice and helpful, tho, and from the little contact i had with her, i'd have nice things to say about her to whoever asked.

Archived