vistaboy

Vistaboy

We have booked a suite on Arcadia - our first trip with P and O. and want to know if we have to pay for bottled water, or if unlimited supplies are part of the perks(!) or to have breakfast in the cabin each morning. We were horrified to read on finding this sitethat we would have to pay to go to lectures and to have a cuppa in the cafes. Is this true. :confused:

We've just been on Arcadia (returned three weeks ago) and we had a stateroom with balcony, not a suite. We had to pay for bottled water in the cabin (I think it was about £1.30), but not for breakfast.

We also had to pay for "speciality" coffees (cappuccino, latte etc) in the cafes but not for bog standard coffee in the Belvedere food court from the machines, which was available all day. (Why can't P&O invest in some cappuccino machines? Some these days are quite nice.)

I believe there was a charge for things like yoga and pilates classes, and computer courses, but a lot of the lectures were free (we went to talks on diamonds, cookery demonstrations etc) Not having sailed at all before, I did notice that just about everything I went to seemed to want to sell me something at the end! P & O are definitely in it to make money wherever they can, and don't give much away!

By the way, another thing we thought strange is that in the buffet you can only get fruit juices from the machines until 12 noon, heaven forbid you should fancy a fruit juice in the afternoon!

P&O usually have a guest speaker on board who present a daily, free lecture on each sea-day.

On one cruise, the speaker was Maggie Philbin, who talked about her life as a journalist, a BBC presenter and about her time on the TV series Tomorrow's World. All very entertaining!

On another cruise, the speaker was Dr. Nick Slope, an archaeologist and historian. His talks were mostly about the next port of call, in terms of the history. A few other talks by Nick were about Nelson, and another ws entitled "It shouldn't happen to an archaeologist". Again, very entertaining. We didn't mess a single one of Nick's lectures.

James

If you want a speciality coffee - mocca, cappuccino to the quality of a starbucks CAFE VIVO is where you must seek. Coffee there is cheaper than Starbucks - around £1.30 and you get free sweets like custard tart made by the chef, or savories with your coffee. It is a nice place to go to after a walk round the prom deck!

Sue

:D for nearly 60 photos of Arcadia, see my photo album on this link...

http://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/AllAboutArcadia

We've just been on Arcadia (returned three weeks ago) and we had a stateroom with balcony, not a suite. We had to pay for bottled water in the cabin (I think it was about £1.30), but not for breakfast.

We also had to pay for "speciality" coffees (cappuccino, latte etc) in the cafes but not for bog standard coffee in the Belvedere food court from the machines, which was available all day. (Why can't P&O invest in some cappuccino machines? Some these days are quite nice.)

I believe there was a charge for things like yoga and pilates classes, and computer courses, but a lot of the lectures were free (we went to talks on diamonds, cookery demonstrations etc) Not having sailed at all before, I did notice that just about everything I went to seemed to want to sell me something at the end! P & O are definitely in it to make money wherever they can, and don't give much away!

By the way, another thing we thought strange is that in the buffet you can only get fruit juices from the machines until 12 noon, heaven forbid you should fancy a fruit juice in the afternoon!

Many thanks for your answers to our questions about Arcadia. Just what we wanted to know as its better to know what to expect and not go with false hopes!!

Archived