Late seating

New KAJO

Just for interest's sake, what time is the first seating? 8:30 is way too late, but 5:30 is too early. I know, I know - 24x7 food and dinner time is still a big deal! :D

Since this is such a hot topic on various boards, maybe Celebrity will enhance the information available on their web site. (Or have I just overlooked this tidbit?)

Just for interest's sake, what time is the first seating? 8:30 is way too late, but 5:30 is too early. I know, I know - 24x7 food and dinner time is still a big deal! :D

Since this is such a hot topic on various boards, maybe Celebrity will enhance the information available on their web site. (Or have I just overlooked this tidbit?)

Meals Main Seating Late Seating

Breakfast......Open seating. Open seating.

Lunch...........Open seating. Open seating.

Dinner...............6:15p.m. 8:30p.m.

Sunrise Buffet......................6:30a.m. to 7:00a.m.

Breakfast Buffet...................7:30a.m. to 10:00a.m.

Bouillon/Coffee...................10:30a.m. to 11:00a.m.

Luncheon Buffet.................12:00p.m. to 2:00p.m.

Gourmet Pizza Service...........3:00p.m. to 7:00p.m

Afternoon Tea.....................4:00p.m. to 5:00p.m.

Frozen Yogurt......................4:00p.m. to 6:00p.m.

Gourmet Pizza Service..........10:00p.m. to 1:00a.m.

Midnight Buffet....................12:00a.m. to 1:00a.m.

Meals Main Seating Late Seating

Breakfast......Open seating. Open seating.

Lunch...........Open seating. Open seating.

Dinner...............6:15p.m. 8:30p.m.

Sunrise Buffet......................6:30a.m. to 7:00a.m.

Breakfast Buffet...................7:30a.m. to 10:00a.m.

Bouillon/Coffee...................10:30a.m. to 11:00a.m.

Luncheon Buffet.................12:00p.m. to 2:00p.m.

Gourmet Pizza Service...........3:00p.m. to 7:00p.m

Afternoon Tea.....................4:00p.m. to 5:00p.m.

Frozen Yogurt......................4:00p.m. to 6:00p.m.

Gourmet Pizza Service..........10:00p.m. to 1:00a.m.

Midnight Buffet....................12:00a.m. to 1:00a.m.

Now I know that with Celebrity, "Main" = "Early" on other lines. I appreciate you! With the holidays right around the corner, March will be here before I know it and I'll be enjoying my wonderful dinners aboard the Millennium!

I keep reading that early is the most popular. This is completely contrary to anything I've run into in that everyone wants late. I've never heard of anyone being waitlisted for early. Is this common?
Most cruises with predominately North American guests tend to be overloaded for Early Seating; if the guests are predominately from Europe and South America they tend to be overloaded at Late Seating. I would think that a Celebrity cruise in South America would be more balanced than most, and chances are that something will open up. The speciality resturarants are excellent, and worth the $30 supplement on occasion. As an aside, as BabsterA alluded, Main Seating can be Early [as on Celebrity] or Late [on some other lines] - for that reason I hardly ever use the term Main Seating as it can end you up in the wrong [to you] time.

Hi guys,

I am very desperate and hope that someone can help.:(

We are from Europe and will be sailing in South America at the end of this year. ( 5 people - 15 nights )

We booked our cruise in april 07 and requested late seating for dining. Because we will be on the ship for christmas and new year and because we will be celebrating my wife's and my mother-in-law's birthday, this is very important to us.

When we look now on the internet we see that we are assigned to main seating. Our TA tells us that he cannot solve this problem for us.

What can we do to try to get this solved ?

I know you can contact the maitre D' when you get on board to see what is possible, but I cannot wait until then !!!

Can we contact someone at Celebrity to have this solved ?

Any advice is welcome !!!

Thanks in advance,

Kajo

Problem he is the numbers they are looking at.

Check the other booking numbers to be sure all are in the same seating.

The TA should contact the Celebrity Rep they use and have them help out.

If not - it's time for a new TA.

This is something simple they should be handling with the line.

We have just returned from our 12 night Eastern Med cruise on the Galaxy. We chose main seating for dinner 6-15pm - we were thrilled to bits with this time slot as we finished dinner by 8-15 to 8-30 then watched the show in the celebrity theatre, maybe have a night cap and then went back to our cabin. Our shore excursions were 8-15am, 9-30am and 10-00am. After the excursion we would come back to the ship, use the gym(occasionally) or laze around the pool (absoloutely!!!)

We chose main seating so we could be off the ship early - in Mykonos for instance (no ship tour excursion - on our own ) we were in the main Street by 8-15, (Fantastic photos of the windmills etc - with no other people in them except us!) Same in Santorini - 5 oher ships in Port at the same time (Galaxy's shore exc. didn't start until 11-30am ) - we were off the ship on the first tender and on fira by 8-30 at caught the local bus to Oia at 8-55am. Our ages are 45, 53, and 14 yrs (only 10 children on board this cruise)

Late sitting guests did not enter the dining room till 8-45pm and finished about 11pm (from what other guests said)

Carol

Archived