What tour to do with children?

artjan

I will be going on the Coral Princess over new years, stopping at Costa Rica. I am very interested in trying one of Oscar Brown or Charlie Soto's tours. I would LOVE to try ziplining, but will probably have my two children with me, ages 5 and 6. Can children zipline? If not, what recommendations do you have for a tour with the kids? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Although I do not know the age limit for children ziplining, you might want to check our the Sloth Sanctuary Tour. We did that four years ago when our daughter was 8. A short film is shown first, followed by an actual up-close visit with a Sloth, a walk through a garden, and then a ride in a canoe through a canal where you can see monkeys, sloths and birds. All of us enjoyed it..Have fun:) .

Cheryl

We did a tour with Charlie Soto last summer and the kids (aged 3 to 15) enjoyed it. First, everyone but the 3 year old and Grandma ziplined and then we went to the Tortugero Canal and an animal refuge. The 7 year old was too young to go by herself so one of the zipline staff memebres took her down. You would need to check with Charlie to see if you two are old enough.

One suggestion if you decide to zip line. We arranged to meet Charlie early (30 minutes after arrival in port rather than an hour.) As a result, we were the first group at the zipline which greatly reduced the wait time.

Thanks for the suggestions. I think we will skip the zipline, as I know my kids are too young for that. We may try the Sloth Sanctuary, although we are leaning toward just doing the Tortugero Canal trip. Do you think that is something that kids will enjoy?

• 1 month later...

We just returned from a trip to Costa Rica (not a cruise, though). I didn't think my ds (6) was old enough to zipline, but our tour guide assured us he could go. He went down with the zipline staff member, and he just loved it! The zipline we did was in the town of Jaco.

• 1 month later...

We did a tour with Charlie in January and have two kids, 6 & 10. We went on the crocodile man tour and they loved it. You'll get into a boat and run up and down the river seeing a lot of crocodiles, birds, iguanas, etc. The driver got out and hand fed a croc standing in the mud(insane). They enjoyed the stop to feed the monkeys and coati's also.

Archived