Yes another question about switching cabins & straightening out cards..with a twist

bubbles1209

When we go on our summer cruise next year, my DH's grandson is bringing a friend. They want to be in the same cabin. So we have booked it with 1 adult in each cabin, but the twist is, the cabin they are going to have is on the opposite side of the ship from us 29 cabins away from us. Will they let you switch the cards out for a 17 & 18 year old with them being so far away? Our PVP said that if they were across the hall from us it would not be a big deal, but since they are not, that once onboard, we could just ask for spare keys, and switch cards, that Carnival is getting stricter on this. What are the experiences you guys have. We've never done this before. Thanks in advance:)

When we go on our summer cruise next year, my DH's grandson is bringing a friend. They want to be in the same cabin. So we have booked it with 1 adult in each cabin, but the twist is, the cabin they are going to have is on the opposite side of the ship from us 29 cabins away from us. Will they let you switch the cards out for a 17 & 18 year old with them being so far away? Our PVP said that if they were across the hall from us it would not be a big deal, but since they are not, that once onboard, we could just ask for spare keys, and switch cards, that Carnival is getting stricter on this. What are the experiences you guys have. We've never done this before. Thanks in advance:)

We do it all the time. We have 3 teens ages 13, 14 and 15. I get a room with my dd and my husband gets a room with the 2 ds's. Once we get on board we go to the purser's desk and ask for another key to each cabin.

My dh keeps the key to my cabin and my dd keeps the key to the boy's cabin and all is well.

Nobody has ever asked any questions.

It won't matter where they are located. You can get an "extra" key for each cabin, without any charging priveledges. Then, you keep that key to open your cabin door, and the original sail and sign card for purchases, which means you'll have two sail and signs all week.

This is how we've done it in the past, not sure if you can still do it that way, but it's the easiest to keep track of.

Yes- at least 40 rooms between us. They issued entire new sail and signs so that you only have to carry one card.

We usually do make a point to introduce ourselves to their room steward and a neighboring cabin.

We have never had any problems and our teenagers behave better than a large percentage of adults!

We're not very worried about the behavior, this is my DH's grandson and a friend, and the grandson has not seen DH in over 10 years, it's kind of a family reunion/birthday/father's day cruise for everyone. We'll most likely all be together the majority of the time. It's funny to watch him get so excited wanting to show his daughter and her family everything on the ship.....:eek: and he say's I'm obsessed:rolleyes: :p

We have done this all the time. When we travel with just our 2 DD's and they are right next door or directly across the hall no problem booking them on their own. When we can't be right next door then we have to put an adult in each room The purser desk has always redid the S&S cards to who we want in each room. When we bring a friend along we also have to put one adult in each room as they are not our kids. There have been times when they have been down the hall from us and we just make sure we meet their steward. They also know the rules and if there are any complaints we will go back and put an adult in each room.

Archived