Accessible beach??

NJEWERS

Hi,

We'll be docking at King's Warf in Nov. and was wondering what would be the best beach to head to with a wheelchair? Yikes, I know but my husband can only do limited walking but would love to spend a little time on a Bermuda beach. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

We'll be docking at King's Warf in Nov. and was wondering what would be the best beach to head to with a wheelchair? Yikes, I know but my husband can only do limited walking but would love to spend a little time on a Bermuda beach. Any help would be appreciated.

The Snorkel Park right at the Dockyard is not the best beach but certainly close by and accessible. However, since it's a park with a snack bar and water toys it may not be open in Nov.

IMG_1402.jpg.2e921933f88e0ac29e4b4fb2db441aac.jpg

Hi,

Most of the good beaches on the south shore such as Horseshoe Bay, John Smith's and Warwick Long Bay are high above the ocean and usually a long walk down to the beach. I know on our last trip on the Majesty on 9/30 there was someone who attended our meet and greet who used a wheelchair. She was able to get up when needed though. And it was more like a sit down scooter than a wheelchair. I saw her everywhere zooming around. The ferries are very accessible. I saw her take the ferry from St. George to the dockyard and back again with no problem. I would suggest taking the ferry to St. George if you can get a taxi that could accomadate the wheelchair intact or folded up. Then you can go to St. Catherine's beach. It is only 20 or 30 feet from the road to access the beach and reasonably level. The beach itself is flat and broad and there is a thatched roof bar right there next to the restrooms. This beach is closest to the road of any that I can think of. The only question mark is whether the taxis can accomadate the wheelchair. :)

Archived