any body sailed on diamond princess

danville dan

me and my wife are going on july 17th in diamond princess.i am concerned about the ship since the damage while docking at victoria(i belive may 22nd).i read it may have to travel slowly due propeller damage.if any body travelled since then,please give any info about being on time at the ports...thanks

Hi Dan,
We were in the much talked about May22 sailing. The ship had the accident on its May 15 sailing. We were supposed to miss Juneau and Victoria due to our delayed departure ( brought about by the accident the night before) and the damage. Initially, they said the damage might compromise the speed, however I believe they were able to rectify this because they announced midway that we would be able to visit victoria after all. We made it to the other ports on time. On the last minute though,they had to cancel victoria again because the winds were strong and parking the ship was hard, though we were already there. Over all, diamond is a gorgeous ship, PC dining was great. Of course, missing 2 ports was a big blow to everyone.

Archived