Skagway Horseback Riding

sharybeari

Does anyone know if it is possible to book the horseback tour and not go horseback riding? There are 3 of us going on the trip and while one of us really wants to go horseback riding the other 2 love the sound of the Yukon Horseback trip minus the horseback riding. I know it sounds crazy but is it possible to do the trip and skip the horse part? Or does anyone know a way to go to emerald lake and book horseback riding there? Being Canadian, we can not rent a car and drive into Canada.

My cruise history,

Serenade of the Seas, 08/2004

Voyager of the Seas, 07/2003

Nordic Empress, 11/1998

You could e mail Southeast Tours or Yukon Horseback tour and ask whether its possible. It doesn't sound like a big problem to me... look www.southeasttours.com and you should be able to contact them via e-mail. They offer the transportation to the horseback ride. If you drive (I noticed that you said you were Canadians and cannot rent) but you also could check with www.yukonhorses.com - they are the people who do the actual horseback tour in Emerald Lake. It's the best horseback ride - I have taken it and it was excellent, gorgeous view of Emerald Lake. You could probably hike around the area too but ask about that and how they can accommodate your needs.

Hi again, I just thought of something. Maybe ask around on the cruise message boards if anyone is driving into the Yukon and taking the horseback ride at Emerald Lake. Maybe you could offer to share the cost of gas or something like that??? It is just an idea. Alot of people seem to be choosing to drive into the Yukon. Let me know what you have found out!

Archived