Carnival PVP Call

TBatt30

After browsing the Carnival Website, I received an unsolicited phone call from a PVP. I asked her if I could return her call as I was at work. By the time I got home, another person in our group (8 cabins) booked through a TA. She was also "treating" everyone in our group. So, I didn't return the phone call (no need to?) Yesterday, I received an e-mail from the PVP, so I returned the e-mail stating that someone else in our group booked the cruise, thank you anyway and to remove me from your call & e-mail list. Today, she called me and basically told me off. She said I should not have talked to a TA after talking to her. The extent of my phone call was, I'm at work and can't talk. Can I call you later. We never talked Ships, Dates or Prices. She then hung up on me. Perhaps she doesn't realize, she works on referrals & commissions. Was I wrong? I'm thinking of calling Carnival and letting them know the quality of the PVP. What do you thing I should do?

After browsing the Carnival Website, I received an unsolicited phone call from a PVP. I asked her if I could return her call as I was at work. By the time I got home, another person in our group (8 cabins) booked through a TA. She was also "treating" everyone in our group. So, I didn't return the phone call (no need to?) Yesterday, I received an e-mail from the PVP, so I returned the e-mail stating that someone else in our group booked the cruise, thank you anyway and to remove me from your call & e-mail list. Today, she called me and basically told me off. She said I should not have talked to a TA after talking to her. The extent of my phone call was, I'm at work and can't talk. Can I call you later. We never talked Ships, Dates or Prices. She then hung up on me. Perhaps she doesn't realize, she works on referrals & commissions. Was I wrong? I'm thinking of calling Carnival and letting them know the quality of the PVP. What do you thing I should do?

I would call and request to speak to the manager for the PVP department. I know she would probably be VERY interested to hear what this employee is doing.

I don't want to open a can of worms but when you signed into Carnival.com you gave them your phone number and e-mail address once you did that you gave them permission (I think could be wrong) to call and follow up.

They were Very wrong to call you after you asked them via e-mail to not contact you.

Why is it that you can't/shouldn't talk to a TA?

I inquired about a promotion for prepaid grats after already booking and the TA was telling me that I could transfer the booking to get the promo- on the other end the PVP asked me first thing if I was working with a TA, at that time I was not. Even though I would love to have the promo, the PVP at Carnival went above and beyond to get me a 9A aft wrap around balcony that was on occupancy restrictions (I was only booking 2 in a cabin and Carnival wanted to try to get full revenue by booking 3 or 4) for this I will remain loyal and not transfer the booking.

I guess we had completely different experiences.

I would call and request to speak to Jeanette Peart, who is the manager for the PVP department. I know she would probably be VERY interested to hear what this employee is doing.

my PVP has been great, what number should i call to let Jeanette know how great mine is?

Do you still have the PVP's name? Even if you don't, they can look up your name and see which PVP was "assigned" to you.

I would absolutely, positively call to complain about her.

It's not so much the unsolicited call (if you enter your phone number, you're pretty much fair game), but the fact that she told you off and told you not to use a TA, to use HER instead. I'm sure her boss, and the TA you did use would be interested to know this.

I'm sorry this happened to you. :(

I don't want to open a can of worms but when you signed into Carnival.com you gave them your phone number and e-mail address once you did that you gave them permission (I think could be wrong) to call and follow up.

They were Very wrong to call you after you asked them via e-mail to not contact you.

I don't think the OP cared that they called (or else they would not have given Carnival their phone number). I think the OP just got busy at work and asked to return the call later.

Now true, proper phone manners would have been for the OP to return that call...since they are the one that initiated it and said they would call back.

However, the OP did email the PVP with the "thanks but no thanks" and no attitude from the PVP was warranted.

The PVP will not be there long. A simple, "sorry I could not help you this time. Perhaps in the future, I can be of service" would have been much more appropriate.

#1 the call was unsolicated.

#2 she was rude.

#3 I hope you still have her name she needs to be told by her boss in no uncertain terms that what she did was not very professional.[/quote

I agree I had a similar sitauation.

The thing is if you sign on and just want to browse the program knows when you are on and when you sign off - even if you don't want someone to call they will. I have a PVP who still hasn't gotten the hint that I'm using a different PVP. Hey - when he waits 9 days to answer a simple email I moved on.

I would call and request to speak to Jeanette Peart, who is the manager for the PVP department. I know she would probably be VERY interested to hear what this employee is doing.

I agree. Definitely call and bring this to their attention. That is NOT proper customer service at all! :confused:

I just went to the site as a new cruiser and it didn't ask for my phone number or name. But, in the past I have accidently clicked on the little pop up box asking if you want a call and have gotten one. I didn't give them my phone number.

I have a great PVP. I check the website all the time and she never calls me even when I am looking at different cruises. She knows I will call her when I am ready to book my next cruise. She is the greatest, she will take as much time as you need so you will get exactly what you want. :)

my PVP has been great, what number should i call to let Jeanette know how great mine is?

You can just call the regular 800 number and then request to speak to Jeanette. Typically, if I have to get anything done that involves the PVP department, I bypass their supervisors and talk to her because I know she will get the job done. :)

LOVE my PVP!!!:D

She goes the extra mile, and I know she loves what she does.

I know they do long hours, too! They're there most nights 'till after 8 PM, and many weekends as well.

I always trust her to get me the best deal available. Many times we end up talking about our favorite ports/ ships or whatever for quite a while!

We have and use a PVP and love him!! If we call or e-mail with a question or comment, he usually answers the phone, or returns our call within the hour, and with e-mails, usually within a couple of hours, longest was the next day. I would say most PVP are excellent, but just like everywhere, there are a few bad apples.

Matt

You really do need to call and report that PVP's behavior. As a previous customer service manager for many years I know first hand that you can't correct what you don't know is wrong !!

Fortunately, my recent experience was just the opposite. I'd called to check on some pricing for a possible cruise and got a less than thrilling person, nothing that I thought seriously needed reporting, but she obviously was just going through the motions without the "slightest" bit of enthusiasm nor helpfulness other than the extreme minimum-no doubt that if I wasn't a Carnival fan I would have looked at other cruise lines at that point. A few days later I checked out some other cruises on their website and later that day got a call that I had not requested from a PVP . The short story is that she was GREAT and I'm thrilled that she found me !! I don't like unsoliciated sales phone calls, which this was, BUT in this case it would appear that it has given me a GREAT PVP to work with and I'm very glad that I took the time to speak to her when normally I wouldn't have !

I had a bad experience with a PVP who basically treated me like I was bothering her when I called with a question. Wouldn't return Emails, etc. This is after she could see that already had sailed with Carnival six times in very recent years.

So for my next cruise, I called the main 800 number and reserved through a representative that has been working with Carnival over 10 years. I have booked my last couple of cruises through her directly (she gave me her direct extension) and she is WONDERFUL!! She goes out of the way to ensure that I get the very best discount and will work and work at the reservation until she gets me in a cabin with an awesome deal.

I now only use her. I know she is not a PVP because she has referred to that department in conversations I've had with her. For our upcoming Glory 7-day cruise on 11/17, we booked in February and she got 5 of us in 3 cabins (a 1A next door to an inside double with both across the cabin from a balcony cabin - all on the Verandah deck) for $3,500 plus change. WHAT A DEAL - especially for the deck and cabins we got (mid ship). She did this by booking hubby alone in the 1A using a military discount and then using past guest discounts for my teenagers in a double and booked mother-in-law and me in the balcony. She indicated (and I have confirmed on this board) that once we get on board, we can move everyone around to the cabins we want (mother-in-law in the 1A and hubby with me). This woman is AWESOME - really can't say enough about her. No more PVPs for me.

Speaking of PVPs, not once but twice I have been cold-called by two different PVPs at home...which I do not mind. The most recent call was two weeks ago. I just have to go "DOH!" when they go into the spiel about me "being a dedicated Carnival customer and they would just love to help me out by planning another cruise with Carnival...." and then I break the news...."Duh, but I currently have not one but TWO upcoming cruises booked with Carnival at this very moment!". Then there is usually a pause and then a "oh, you do?". Geez. Don't the PVPs have FULL access to Carnival's customer database? You can see that I have sailed X amount of times but have no clue that I have two bookings on file?

Things that make you go....HMM. :-p

• 3 months later...

well as a PVP i must say that the last call was completely uncalled for. I run into plenty of people who work with TAs. We can not help them because we work directly with TAs and are not looking to take their business. But my response is and always will be, "I'm glad you chose Carnival and I hope to help you in the future." Sorry the OP had to experience that, I hope it doesn't give the rest of us a bad name.

Archived