Help planning short day..

Josh'sMom628

My Hubby and I are coming into Nassau on 12/3 on the Carnival Valor. We liked the idea of Breezes but we're only in port until 2pm (meaning be back on the ship by 1:30)

We're both into sight seeing, both of historical sites and nature. I know there are a few things within short distance of the pier, but can anyone tell me more about the

Versailles Gardens and French Cloister?

I cant say I've seen much about it? Anyone know how much it cost to visit? Or how long I should alot for a visit to it? Thanks!!

Oh- and does anyone know where to get a decent map of Nassau for those of us brave enough to try a walking tour?

My Hubby and I are coming into Nassau on 12/3 on the Carnival Valor. We liked the idea of Breezes but we're only in port until 2pm (meaning be back on the ship by 1:30)

We're both into sight seeing' date=' both of historical sites and nature. I know there are a few things within short distance of the pier, but can anyone tell me more about the

[b']Versailles Gardens and French Cloister?[/b]

I cant say I've seen much about it? Anyone know how much it cost to visit? Or how long I should alot for a visit to it? Thanks!!

Oh- and does anyone know where to get a decent map of Nassau for those of us brave enough to try a walking tour?

I hope someone talks to you because we are in port from 12 to 6 on Jan 5th. I have no idea what is available and am anxious waiting to hear from someone too.

Linda

We're both into sight seeing' date=' both of historical sites and nature. I know there are a few things within short distance of the pier, but can anyone tell me more about the

[b']Versailles Gardens and French Cloister?[/b]

The Cloisters are on Paradise Island near the Ocean Club. A bit of a hike from the main area.. but worth it. You can take 15 minutes to explore... or spend hours enjoying the serenity. The Cloisters are open to the public, but going beyond to the Ocean Club property is off limits. (it's on 2 sides of the street)..

As for maps.. there are several online at www.bahamasgp.com

Look for Island Maps in the center of the page.. and click to open a listing.

Thanks ScubaGirrl The link for maps was very helpful.

You mentioned it was a bit of a hike... what's the best way to get there? I'm so excited' date=' it looks beautiful in the pics I have seen, and it's just the type of places I love to visit.[/quote']

I would take a cab there.. and then walk back to Atlantis. (walking back is down sloped and not bad... and you'll get the feel for the area before coming upon the concrete facade of Atlantis.

You are so helpful!

One last question for you--- would you suggest walking around the downtown area and seeing those sights first and then taking the taxi to the cloisters OR would you head there first thing, and then travel back to do the downtown sights?

You know, you should set up a website and get paid for all your help! :p

You are so helpful!

One last question for you--- would you suggest walking around the downtown area and seeing those sights first and then taking the taxi to the cloisters OR would you head there first thing' date=' and then travel back to do the downtown sights?

You know, you should set up a website and get paid for all your help! :p[/quote']

Depends on the time of day and weather. Downtown closes around 5pm.. so if there's something you need to see.. do that before you head to Paradise Island. Or .. if you think you'll have an armful of souveniers.. do it in reverse.

As for the website.. I have one.. It hasn't been updated in quite some time. www.bahamas-treasures.com

As for payment.. I've thought about it.. but I get my reward from others falling in love with MY bahamas.

Archived