Anyone had dinner/show at Tablao Flamenco Cordobés in Barcelona?

I assume you realize that Flamenco is to Barcelona as Collard Greens is to Fargo. Given that, when forced to go to a Flamenco show in Barcelona, I would suggest Tablao de Carmen instead.

Paul

We are a thinking of seeing a Flamenco show and having dinner at:

http://www.tablaocordobes.com/En/Principal.htm

Has anyone seen the show and had dinner here? How was it?

We saw the show only and it was excellent. There are three shows a night each a little different and the same dancers do all three - so it is just amazing.

I assume you realize that Flamenco is to Barcelona as Collard Greens is to Fargo. Given that, when forced to go to a Flamenco show in Barcelona, I would suggest Tablao de Carmen instead.

Paul

Actually I didn't realize that until recently but I hope it will still be fun anyway. Why do you reccommed Tablao De Carmen instead?

We saw the show only and it was excellent. There are three shows a night each a little different and the same dancers do all three - so it is just amazing.

hajekam,

I'm glad to hear that you thought the show was excellent!

I saw the show at Tablao Cordobes about three weeks ago. It included dinner but I think you can do just the show.

If I had it to do over, I would probably just see the show. The food was so so. I chose this show venue because it was within walking distance of our hotel on Las Ramblas. And while Flamenco might not be original to Barcelona , the dancers were fantastic . I don't get what the big deal is if you want to see Flamenco and just happen to be in Barcelona.

Go and enjoy yourself!

Monterey Girl :)

Actually I didn't realize that until recently but I hope it will still be fun anyway. Why do you reccommed Tablao De Carmen instead?

Several reasons:

1) It gets you to Montjuïc and Pueblo Españo.

2) While I wouldn't recommend eating at any of these shows, the food here

is eatable if hardly great. (You can pay for just the show)

3) Supposedly -- and I lay no claim to any knowledge of this dance or music form -- this one is more "authentic."

Paul

Archived