Time in Roatan

lfdianne

Just yesterday, we booked on the NCL Spirit and are cruising from Dec. 30-Jan 6, dh, myself and our 3 children, 8, 12, and 14. We will be in Roatan on New Year's Day from 1pm - 8pm. We would love to do the zip line, but after hearing about the long lines and how it is better to get there early, is 1pm too late to avoid waiting in a long line? I've also checked sunset times, the sunset will be at 5:38. Is there anything to do after dark? Or should we just plan on 4 hours or so on the island?

Just yesterday, we booked on the NCL Spirit and are cruising from Dec. 30-Jan 6, dh, myself and our 3 children, 8, 12, and 14. We will be in Roatan on New Year's Day from 1pm - 8pm. We would love to do the zip line, but after hearing about the long lines and how it is better to get there early, is 1pm too late to avoid waiting in a long line? I've also checked sunset times, the sunset will be at 5:38. Is there anything to do after dark? Or should we just plan on 4 hours or so on the island?

I think it's wonderful that you are coming late. We already have another big ship (Amsterdam) that will also be here in JAN 1st, so by 1PM, the majority of those folks doing the zip lines will be long gone.

I say do the Ziplines...and then spend some time at a beach, and while the kids are in the water, Mom and Dad can sit at a beach bar and enjoy a few drinks while watching the kids at play.

And then enjoy our sunset, and maybe a bite to eat or some shopping before heading back to the ship.

Doesn't get any better than that! ;)

Archived