the 'new dock' in ketchikan?? please tell us about it.

dustyroad

sorry if this has been asked and i missed it. i just saw on a link something about the carnival spirit docking at the new dock in ketchikan. i had no idea they put another one in. does anybody that just got back have any info on it and is it close to the rain gage?

thanks alot.

DUSTY

Carnival Spirit, 9/10/03 Alaska glacier bay

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05

Alaska glacier bay again

The website for Ketchikan showing dock assignments shows Dock 1 (Visitors Bureau) Dock 1 South (New Dock) and Dock 2 (Tongass Store). They must call it New Dock, but its actually part of the main port area, just South of the rain guage and visitors center. They also show the smaller ships coming in at Dock 1C, but dont have a specific name for that. And of course on those days with 4 ships in town someone gets to anchor and tender in.

We just got off the Serenade of the Seas last week and we saw the Carnival ship in Ketchikan. It was docked at the same place as the other ships....

There were 4 ships in town that day, so like tadjr said, one of them had to tender in.... luckily it wasn't us!! (it was a NCL ship).

Along with the Carnival ship, We were joined at the dock by a Holland America ship(which left around 1:30) and was repalced by a Celebrity ship (around 2:00).

Not much dock space there. We were the 4th ship in (Coral Princess, 5/15 - 5/22) and were also tendered. Not bad tho, as we were pretty close in and a very short ride, actually kinda fun unless you want to go into town more than once, wich you probably would'nt want to anyway.

Carnival Spirit 12/10/03

Coral Princess 5/15/04

i hope we dont have to tender there. that was one of the things i liked about the carnival spirit besides i think the ship is wonderful--on the glacier bay trips there didnt seem to be as many ships in the ports. so far i have never had to tender and from what i have read i dont want to. well, what wil happen will happen. i will take it in stride and just say it is a new experience of the trip icon_smile.gif.

DUSTY

Carnival Spirit, 9/10/03 Alaska glacier bay

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05

Alaska glacier bay again

Archived