Freedom Class vs. Spirit Class

angelface0113

I was just curious what the differences are between the Freedom class and the Spirit class. I keep hearing so many good things about the Carnival Miracle. I have sailed on Carnival Valor and I am currently booked on the December 8th sailing of Carnival Freedom. I really like the 8 day eastern caribbean itinerary for Carnival Miracle and was thinking of booking this ship for next year. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I was just curious what the differences are between the Freedom class and the Spirit class. I keep hearing so many good things about the Carnival Miracle. I have sailed on Carnival Valor and I am currently booked on the December 8th sailing of Carnival Freedom. I really like the 8 day eastern caribbean itinerary for Carnival Miracle and was thinking of booking this ship for next year. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I have been on both, Valor and Spirit. The Freedom is much bigger then the Spirit class so it has more lounges/bars and also more food bars. If you sailed on the Valor, the Freedom looks to be the same type of ship as the Valor with little changes. The Spirit Class including the Miracle has a better floor plan, there are 2 decks that you can walk from bow to stern. On the Valor if you remember the one deck is cut off by the dining room so you have to go throught it or under and around it. Same on the Freedom on Atlantic Deck, So its much easier to navigate around the Spirit Class. No Fish & Chips or Sushi bars on the Spirit Class, they only have a small Sushi cart. The Spirit Class is my favorite class of ship, its just the right size for the amount of paxs onboard.

Freedom:

The Carnival Freedom combines the amenities and excitement cruisers have come to expect from the "Fun Ships" with the vibrant scenery and rich culture of the Mediterranean. Passengers can start the day with a trot around the jogging track, before rewarding themselves with some pampering in the Freedom's 13,300 square foot spa or a slice of pizza by one of 4 pools. Kids will love flying down the 214-foot waterslide on the Sky Deck and parents will love the extensive facilities for Carnival's heralded children's and teen's programs. Be sure to round up your friends for an exquisite meal in one of the Freedom's twin formal restaurants, featuring cuisine created by the talented French master chef Georges Blanc

Valor:

Focusing on family cruising, the Carnival Valor has activities for passengers of all ages. The ship features a 4,200 square foot area for “Camp Carnival” activities as well as Action Alley, an area exclusively for teens with a dance club and a coffee/soda bar. Both kids and adults can enjoy “The Caboose” arcade, located next to Action Alley. Nighttime activities abound on the Carnival Valor. The ship is home to 22 bars and lounges including a sports bar designed after the seats at Yankee Stadium, a French wine bar, a two-level dance club and a three-deck-high Vegas-style showroom. There is a wide array of dining choices, including twin two-level dining rooms, a large poolside restaurant, a New York-style deli, a sushi bar, a patisserie and a 24-hour pizzeria.

Miracle:

Themed cafes, restaurants and lounges abound on this ship. Fans of "Casablanca" will enjoy Sam's, a Moroccan-inspired piano bar, while literature lovers will want to stroll through Gatsby's Garden, an indoor promenade with trellises, wooden tables and a pebble-lined path, designed to resemble the front porch of Gatsby's house in F. Scott Fitzgerald's 1925 novel. Restaurants include the formal Bacchus Dining Room, as well as Nick and Nora's, a reservations-only supper club named for characters in Dashiell Hammett's "The Thin Man," and Horatio's Restaurant, a casual eatery that takes its name and nautical theme from a C.S. Forester novel. Enjoy a Las Vegas-style revue at the Phantom Lounge, or dance the night away at Dr. Frankenstein's Lab, a bilevel dance club. Those who want to relax can read in the Raven Library or lounge by one of the ship's four pools. Younger travelers will appreciate the spiral water slide on the Sports Deck, as well as the ship's video game room. Carnival prides itself on offering larger staterooms than other cruise lines, and 80 percent of the rooms on the Miracle provide ocean views. All rooms include private shower facilities, telephones, closets and TVs that show first-run films.

Fred

I wish I had known all of these great things before I booked my Freedom cruise. We have been to all the ports we will be stopping it. It would have been nice to book an Eastern to visit some new ports. Oh Well.....I guess I will have to start planning the next one. Are you excited about your Freedom cruise next year? Have you ever sailed NCL? We are booked for the Pearl in January but have not made final payment.

I wish I had known all of these great things before I booked my Freedom cruise. We have been to all the ports we will be stopping it. It would have been nice to book an Eastern to visit some new ports. Oh Well.....I guess I will have to start planning the next one. Are you excited about your Freedom cruise next year? Have you ever sailed NCL? We are booked for the Pearl in January but have not made final payment.

Never sailed on NCL, came very close once to sail on their older now retired NCL Norway. Yes, Im very excited about my Freedom Cruise this April, we will have our mother-in-law with us, its her first cruise. Not to happy with the our 5pm San Juan Port time but we will make the best of it I guess.

Fred

Archived