For those of you who like paper docs......

faeriechick

I just got an email from Carnival that starting today, they will no longer be issuing the old luggage tags with the strings that they normally do with paper docs. The new luggage tags will be attached to the cruise document booklet and they will look exactly like the luggage tags issued with edocs.

So, for those of you who like paper docs because of the luggage tags...... Apparently you will be out of luck.

I think my docs were mailed toward the end of last week (they are going to my TA so waiting to see); it will be interesting to see if they have the old luggage tags if they were indeed mailed- I'm hoping so since your post said "starting today"- aren't I silly to want those things? :p :p

Oh well, it's not like it will rain on my parade one iota if I don't get them! I'm going on a CRUISE! :D

I just got an email from Carnival that starting today, they will no longer be issuing the old luggage tags with the strings that they normally do with paper docs. The new luggage tags will be attached to the cruise document booklet and they will look exactly like the luggage tags issued with edocs.

So, for those of you who like paper docs because of the luggage tags...... Apparently you will be out of luck.

Wonder when they will stop giving the Porters at the Pier the luggage tags:confused:

Wonder when they will stop giving the Porters at the Pier the luggage tags:confused:

From what I got, for the time being they will still have the regular luggage tags available at the pier. However, I have a feeling that won't last forever.

From what I got, for the time being they will still have the regular luggage tags available at the pier. However, I have a feeling that won't last forever.

I agree, this is also a great way to get people to go the edoc route, since most were hesitant because they wanted the old luggage tags.

At this point Im not sure why anyone would want to old paper ones, other than to do the Doc Dance.

For our upcoming Mex. Riviera cruise on the Spirit, we did the eDocs online, printed four copies of the luggage tag page (last page), folded them according to directions - then I took them to my office and ran them through the laminating machine. I folded them in the middle so they look like a "normal" baggage tag, punched a hole where it says "staple or tape here" and affixed a rubber band through the hole. Voila - "regular" baggage tags that are much more durable than even the ones sent in the mailed doc package. Just my two cents.

I got the paper docs today for my December 1 Miracle cruise. The regular luggage tags with the elastic were included.

The weird thing is the paper luggage tags are pink, and don't say "VIP."

The online tags were blue, and say "VIP."

Because there is something final about getting that packet in the mail. I am totally an online, electronic geek to the core, thought I had to print everything to paper, but still received my paper docs from my TA yesterday for next weeks cruise and was excited. Its the ritual.... which I am sure will fade with time like the paper airline ticket

I got the paper docs today for my December 1 Miracle cruise. The regular luggage tags with the elastic were included.

The weird thing is the paper luggage tags are pink, and don't say "VIP."

The online tags were blue, and say "VIP."

Yep, when we got our paper docs a little over a month ago for our cruise last week, they were the old pink ones. The ones online were blue with the VIP printed on them. I put both on our luggage. lol. As it turned out, the pink were not needed as we got brand new "zone tags" on the last day of the cruise to put on our luggage for debarkation. We got zone 1, the first ones off the ship..even before those that had to catch early flights, they were zone 2. Gone are the days of the color group debarkation.

my ressie indicates that my packet will arrive via mail, yet i can view the docs online; close to the 30 day point so i guess i should have "mailed" ones soon if they're coming.

If not, can i print the luggage tags out in "grayscale" to save on ink:confused:

or do i have to use color - to have them "blue"

I have not seen any tags to print on my EDoc page....where are they??

Carol

The eDocs are a .PDF file, and the luggage tag is located on the very last page, Page 10. We just printed four copies of Page 10 to cover the four luggage tags we need. References to the luggage tag on Page 10 are also on Pages 1 and 3.

I have not seen any tags to print on my EDoc page....where are they??

Carol

There is a single tag that prints - page 10 of the .PDF file of eDocs. Print as many copies of Page 10 as you need luggage tags. The tags on page 10 are also referred to on Pages 1 and 3.

Duplicate post - trouble on CC's end it seems.

Archived