For those of you who like paper docs......

faeriechick

Have you all received confirmation of your room yet? Our family has booked two rooms, but only got a room assignment on one of them so far. We do have booking numbers for both, and one has a room number assigned, but the other still has TBA on it. The TA assures us that we'll get a room, but I'm getting worried. My 70 yo mom and 10 yo will be sharing the one that we know the room, but hubby and I don't have an assignment yet. Obviously they can't go if we can't.. What do you all think? We've called carnival and they say the assignments can come as late as the day before departure. Anyone heard of this before?? They also told us that the TA should have requested in advance to have the rooms near one another. Then the TA says that they did request them near one another, so who knows where our room will be. Just getting really frustrated here. Anyone else ever had this happen???:confused:

I just got an email from Carnival that starting today, they will no longer be issuing the old luggage tags with the strings that they normally do with paper docs. The new luggage tags will be attached to the cruise document booklet and they will look exactly like the luggage tags issued with edocs.

So, for those of you who like paper docs because of the luggage tags...... Apparently you will be out of luck.

I got my docs last week and reported that they no longer contained the old fashioned tags....yes, the tear out kind.

This was for a cruise after the Dec 1 deadline for using the 'new stuff'.

Yes, I will still get the paper doc because we collect them and I use them as a mini travel log....writing down the "whos" and "whats" of the cruise.

No need to get crafty..just fold and staple..or fold and tape. Many are using the edoc tags and I havent seen tons of thread about lost luggage as a result of using them.

You really do need to add the clear packaging tape to cover this "paper". I can not imagine what a wadded mess these tags would have been had they been in use on our Fantasy cruise. It was pouring and all the luggage got soaked.

water and paper just don't mix....

My goodness, so much discussion over luggage tags!!?? All that is needed is your cabin number. On most cruise lines, if the tags fall off, you'll find your luggage near the purser's desk.

We had already decided to print out ours in grayscale and laminate them with the $2.88 kit from Wal Mart which contains 5 self-laminating pouches. To be attached with something sturdy. And for good measure, we'll tape another set to the luggage with clear packaging tape.

Let's be flexible and keep our sense of humor, the two ingredients necessary for happy traveling.

Bev

I just got an email from Carnival that starting today, they will no longer be issuing the old luggage tags with the strings that they normally do with paper docs. The new luggage tags will be attached to the cruise document booklet and they will look exactly like the luggage tags issued with edocs.

So, for those of you who like paper docs because of the luggage tags...... Apparently you will be out of luck.

Question to you or anyone who might know. The tags on the edocs are orange but unless you have a color printer and strong paper how do you get them them to stay on.....since we are flying our TA said we can get them from the carnival shuttle service desk when we board the shuttle. I was just curious because my TA is Vac To Go and she said they only use edocs. Of course it is 11 pm and I probably won't be back on the boards until 4 tommorrow but if you or anyone reads this before 4pm tommorrow would you please respond

Thanks

Lynda

Archived