Cave Tubing/Zip line Combo

logn84

Help! We are taking our first cruise over Christmas. We're looking to do a cave tubing/zip line combo tour in Belize. Besides booking through the cruise line, I've seen numerous choices of independent tours on-line. All sound very nice, and have great testimonials. I've also read dozens (maybe hundreds) of reviews, here and at other sites, and, all but two have been positive.

So here's my question: Can I make a bad choice? Has anyone had a really bad experience with a tour operator (i.e. what you received was significantly different from what they advertised)?

I'm not really sure you can make a bad choice. They all go the same place and are reputable.

What I can tell you is that the zipline adventure is not worth the extra $65 per person. I just did it last week from the Glory and the whole zipline adventure lasts about 15 minutes. You zip through 6 lines and they rush you through the whole thing. Because I have done adventurous things like this before, I wasn't impressed. The tubing is a much better deal as its only $45 per adult and it last a couple of hours at least.

Yes, you could make a bad choice. But most likely not. They are all experienced guides. Their reputation is their trade.

In our case, our guide was always concerned on the time and ensuring that we got back in time.

Something could always come up. If it does, be ready for it and work with the guide on the solution. If life was predictable, it wouldn't be so much fun.

Pick one and start a conversation with them. I think that is the only way to relieve your concerns.

Archived