Booking The Next Cruise While Still Onboard??

Do you just pay a regular deposit?

You can do it 2 ways, one is to book a specific cruise and then you will put down the regular deposits. Also you can do Next cruise where you don't have to pick a specific cruise and you put down $100, it is non-refundable but never expires. You can buy the next option in just one person's name and then add the other cruiser when you pick a specific cruise. When you do book the cruise they of course you have to make up the difference in the deposit amounts. You can also buy multiple Next Cruise options.

You pay a regular deposit if you are booking a specific cruise (can be canceled later with no penalty, or changed to another cruise). There is a way to book a "next cruise" by putting down only $100, I believe. Different rules for that one, and I'll let someone else explain that.

If you actually book a specific cruise, you can lock in the price. I did that, but then I changed my mind and moved the booking to a different itinerary and ship. I retained my onboard credit. If you CANCEL and then book later, you lose the OBC.

When you book on board and have a regular travel agent, the rep. you deal with will assign the cruise right then and there to that TA. If you don't have a TA (or, as in my case, think you are going to change TAs), just tell the rep. and you can handle that at your leisure--anytime before you make your final payment.

This is how we plan to book all of our future cruises.

If you already have a future cruise booked, and you are sailing beforehand, can you apply a shipboard credit to that future cruise. We are sailing soon and have already booked a cruise for 2008. Would we have to cancel our existing cruise and rebook in order to receive the credit?

Hope someone has the answer.

If you already have a future cruise booked, and you are sailing beforehand, can you apply a shipboard credit to that future cruise. We are sailing soon and have already booked a cruise for 2008. Would we have to cancel our existing cruise and rebook in order to receive the credit?

Hope someone has the answer.

Yes, they won't just apply it. If the price has gone up or you have a favorite room you will have to weigh the options to see if it is worth it.

Archived