What is the most unique keepsake that you have purchased in Nassau?

Luckyone2

My favorite thing that I bought is an angel ornament made out of shell (conch I think)..there are little stands inside the little building you go through to get into Nassau....there were also some beautiful little cross necklaces made out of some sort of shell, etc also..they were purple, etc..They have some beautiful little items in there...not the touristy stuff like tshirts, etc

watch out what u buy u may not be allowed to bring it back.

don't buy anything made of turtle shell, conch, coral, and any other endangered species. customs can confiscate anything so be carefull and know what you are not allowed to bring back. check your customs website.

I want to purchase something unique to remind of my trip to Nassau. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I was lucky, I found MY Boyfriend - constant reminder lol.

Besides that.. On my first trip, I brought home some sand and small shells and put them in glass. It sits in my kitchen and is a great memory for me.. 23 years now.

But you can find lots of nice things.. from linen tablecloths and androsian batik to steel drums and music cd's of the local music. There's plenty of hand crafted straw bags (the plait lady) or hand carved wood.

As stated before, there are some things that you can't bring back. Cuban cigars, tortoise, black coral and live sealife. You ARE allow to bring back cleaned conch shells and conch jewelry.. there is a certain type of conch that is restricted, but you won't find them being sold downtown.

Archived