30 Somethings on Silversea

xann77

Kellie-

We are departing Friday night, heading to Asia for our Thursday departure on the Whisper, Hong Kong to Singapore, It's great to hear that your cruise was fun. Any tips/observations regarding either the cruise or port calls in Vietnam?

Thanks!

Stan & Sue - by the time you read this you will probably be back from your cruise. Sorry I didn't reply earlier. Hope you had a great trip as we did.

Kellie, thanks for the reply.

I am sorry about the sea sickness. It sounds like you had a nice time. Did they alter the menus any to include some local things, or was that not really done?

Large groups can really change the dynamics.

Kellie, thanks for the reply.

I am sorry about the sea sickness. It sounds like you had a nice time. Did they alter the menus any to include some local things, or was that not really done?

Large groups can really change the dynamics.

Hi Debbie,

They definately adapted the menu to include a lot of local specialities. I thought that the food was fantastic and the variety was great. I am a vegetarian who is allergic to shellfish so I sometimes struggle to find interesting dishes.

One event that I would probably recommend you giving a miss is the "Cultural Evening" in Ho Chi Minh City. We were taken to the Majestic Hotel ( I think that was the name) and had a fairly ordinary meal. The acts that followed was like a bad episode of "Vietnamese Idol" - complete with a comedian. It was dreadful and went on for ages. Most people we spoke to wished they had stayed on board.

Kellie;)

Archived