Dogsledding-Which helicopter company?

greatmom

We want to do a Helicopter Glacier & dogsledding excursion while in Juneau. Which helicopter company Temsco or Coastel? I dont know how much it cost to use Temsco but I do know they go to Mendenhall Glacier. I know Coastel will cost me around $1200.00 but I dont think they go to Mendenhall Glacier. Is it a must to go to Mendenhall Glacier? To take the NCL excursion it will cost $1500.00. Any advice you can give me will help..........

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!

GM

We did the tour through RCCL and it was TEMESCO. The tour was fantastic. We landed on the most gorgeous area with a little river running through it and it was the most amazing color blue. The whole tour was very organized.

We did the tour through RCCL and it was TEMESCO. The tour was fantastic. We landed on the most gorgeous area with a little river running through it and it was the most amazing color blue. The whole tour was very organized.

Hi, we are going the 1st week in May 08, & want to do that also. I found out the NCL uses Temesco, which I read, is a very reputable company. My question is, Is it worth it with it being only 2 hrs @ 500 PP? I really want to do it but truggling with the cost. Thanks so much. I know this is probably once in a lifetime doing this..Thanks:)

We independently booked Coastal. We went to a glacier, but not Mendenhall. We absolutely had the best time--the highlight of our trip. An Iditarod racer took us dog sledding. Gorgeous scenery on the glacier. So peaceful. Many waterfalls. Our trip was $495 per person. Worth every penny.

Hi, we are going the 1st week in May 08, & want to do that also. I found out the NCL uses Temesco, which I read, is a very reputable company. My question is, Is it worth it with it being only 2 hrs @ 500 PP? I really want to do it but truggling with the cost. Thanks so much. I know this is probably once in a lifetime doing this..Thanks:)

We did the glacier landing not the dogsledding and I was glad we didn't because it was canceled our day and most of the week before. Keep in mind that the dogsledding is a fixed spot at 3500 ft so if there is any bad weather it can't be moved. Where as the landing the can move if there is fog up higher. Also what I didn't realize when we were researching it is at the dog site the glacier is covered with snow so you don't get the blue ice and such, our guide told us this. Ours was $290 per person x 4 = ouch. But when I saw my teenagers faces on the helicopter and the glacier I would have paid 10 times more. When we got done with the tour, they both grabbed me and hugged me and said it was the best thing ever. Which is a lot from techno geek 19 and 21 year olds.

This is my kids running around the glacier.

IMG_2801.jpg

Archived