Driving to Miami - couple of questions

gamommyof3

We are driving to Miami the day before our cruise and I am wondering what the parking is like at the port? Is is a garage? Or can we leave our car at the hotel and take a shuttle to the port?

One reason I ask is that we will have a cargo carrier and our car won't fit in most garages with it on.

Thanks!

Kathy

Kathy, it depends on which terminal your ships at. Some have indoor parking garages others have open air lots. You can leave your car at Embassy Suites by the airport and take the hotel shuttle to the port.

/////

Kathy,

We live in AL and always drive to Miami the day before also. We have always parked at the port and it's a multi-story covered parking structure. I have never noticed any open air parking. Parking is now $20/day and so for the first time we will be staying at LaQuinta Airport East that provides free parking and free shuttle to port. I don't know what the area is like around airport so that may change our minds when we get there as far as leaving our car..but that's the plan as of now.

The open air parking lot serves terminals E and D.

The indoor parking garages serve terminals B, F, G, H and J

You can however park in any garage or lot you desire, they're all the same price.

We are also driving in to the Miami port from Georgia. After reading information on CC and Trip Advisor, we are giving some thought to staying out a little ways the night before, and driving in the morning of the cruise. Think we might try parking at one of the other parking garages and take the shuttle to the port.

Does this sound like a workable plan?

Leslie in Georgia

Archived