Milan Hotel

We will be arriving in Milan post cruise from the Lake Como area to journey home. Our flight leaves 1000 AM. We will head to Milan the day prior and stay over night in a hotel. Any suggestions as to where you would stay ? Hotel near the airport and skip any touring of Milan ?

I can't begin to tell you how much these boards have helped us plan our trip.

DGK:o

We are also looking for a hotel in Milan. We fly out on a Sunday morning and will arrive on Friday. Was thinking that staying near the airport would be convient for Sunday, but was wondering about tranportation to the lakes from the airport area. Is there a train that you can take from the airport area to the lakes?

Vicki

We will be arriving in Milan post cruise from the Lake Como area to journey home. Our flight leaves 1000 AM. We will head to Milan the day prior and stay over night in a hotel. Any suggestions as to where you would stay ? Hotel near the airport and skip any touring of Milan ?

I can't begin to tell you how much these boards have helped us plan our trip.

DGK:o

Milan is a very nice place to visit if you have some time. How long will you be there?

Donna

Hotel near the airport and skip any touring of Milan ?

Skip touring of Milan? No no no! Milan is a wonderful place!

Two years ago, I stayed at 22 Marzo, a small, CHEAP, clean and friendly place not too far from the Duomo. There's a bus from the airport to the main train station; then I just took a taxi to the hotel, very easy.

If at all humanly possible, get a timed ticket to the Cenacolo and see da Vinci's Last Supper, it's one of the greatest wonders on this planet! You have to see it in person to truly appreciate how ingenious he was.

The exterior of the Duomo was being cleaned while I was there, covered with scaffolding :( , but perhaps by now the front of it will be finished. It's incredible! and you can also climb up onto the roof and see all the sculptures up close (not to mention the wonderful views).

If you like art museums, the Ambrosiana is small but has some first-rate stuff.

Archived