Has anyone used Ecological Tours?

piratesparrow

can anyone help me please!

We are considering Captain Marvin in Grand Cayman for the sting ray city snorkel tour and hoping to do some jet skieing in Isla Roatan.

In Cozumel we'll take it easy at Paradise beach and enjoy some ice cold sol or tecate or probably go to chankanab.

In Belize we haven't decided what we will do, however anything that has to do with water is what we really want to do.

I've heard great things about the Reef and the cave tubing, I noticed ecological tours offers a number of excursions similiar to the cruise ship's the prices are a lot less but this is a independent tour company and I've heard that it is difficult to get off the ship if you don't have a tour booked through the cruise line, my questions is, has anyone used this company and will it worth the hassle.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Cruzaholic,

How long did it take to get to the Island and whats the Reef like where they take you? whats the boat ride out like? since food is not included is there any place on the island where we can buy something to eat? sorry for all the questions but I have DW and kids still questioning all this.

Piratesparrow

Hi Cruzaholic,

How long did it take to get to the Island and whats the Reef like where they take you? whats the boat ride out like? since food is not included is there any place on the island where we can buy something to eat? sorry for all the questions but I have DW and kids still questioning all this.

Piratesparrow

Hi piratesparrow,

It took about 35 to 40mins. to caulker island the boat made couple of stops to see some dolphins near the mangrove islands, I believe if we didn't stop it would have been about 30 minutes maybe, the Reef was called Coral Garden, saw very beautiful formations gigantic brain coral, lots of colorful fish and the visibilty was about 90ft.

The weather was fine so the ride was quite smooth, after snorkeling we went back to the Island I had to have the Sea food platter for just about $15.00. but there are many other choices and for less, beer was $1.50:cool:

Thank you! cruzaholic,

We will certainly go ahead with this excursion and I'll let you know how it went. thank you for your time and information.

I have heard that there are some beautiful jewelry made from the conch shell, do you know if i can get it on this Island? and where?

We just returned from cruising on the Carnival Glory and used Eco Tours in Belize for the cave tubing. It was awesome!! Charlie Chan was our guide and was excellent. Very personalized service and we were also able to stop at a small restaurant for lunch before returning to the port. No problems, he met us as we exited the tenders and took care of us the entire day. I highly recommend them.:)

can anyone help me please!

We are considering Captain Marvin in Grand Cayman for the sting ray city snorkel tour and hoping to do some jet skieing in Isla Roatan.

In Cozumel we'll take it easy at Paradise beach and enjoy some ice cold sol or tecate or probably go to chankanab.

You might want to reconsider where you will do the jet skiing. Roatan is surrounded by reef and I have heard that because of that there is no jet skiing. Now I did not try to find jet skiing in Roatan so I do not know this for fact and perhaps you have actually found a place to do it. I just remember hearing this about Roatan. On the other hand, there are plenty of places to jet ski in Cozumel.

In Belize we haven't decided what we will do, however anything that has to do with water is what we really want to do.

I've heard great things about the Reef and the cave tubing, I noticed ecological tours offers a number of excursions similiar to the cruise ship's the prices are a lot less but this is a independent tour company and I've heard that it is difficult to get off the ship if you don't have a tour booked through the cruise line, my questions is, has anyone used this company and will it worth the hassle.

I did the snorkeling and lunch at Caye Caulker with Ecological Tours. I have only snorkeled before in Cozumel , St. Thomas and Grand Cayman (twice) and I found the snorkeling to be much harder for me in Belize. The current was very strong at the barrier reef and I spent more time swimming than viewing marine life. Others who I guess are stronger swimmers said they enjoyed it very much and saw a lot. On the bright side the lunch was delicious.....when we were there they had a "special" which I cannot remember the name of but it was basically a seafood soup (yummo)! On the other hand I heard from several other CC'ers on our ship that the Cave Tubing with Yohny (sp?) was fantastic.

Hi Pam & Steve,

Thank you for your input, we have snorkeled several other places as well but never in Belize, so we are looking forward to doing this one, and I hope it turns out to be good, i am also looking forward to enjoying some great food.

One question besides the current did you feel safe with the crew??

• 1 month later...

Archived